GUN Springfield armory

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pimp Cat, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

2. tailgate

tailgate Whats with today, today?

I was at academy today and held one, felt real nice, Ive heard good things about it. price at academy was 469.

3. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

My price is $389

4. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Supposedly a very good gun, I held one but never shot one. I have only heard good things about them. For more info on them go to www.hs2000talk.com

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

For $389 :hitit:

7. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

what would i need to do to get my conceal carry permit?

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, but for $450, you can get a brand new glock. and while HS2000's and XD's are good, they're not as tested or as proven as glocks. i like the feel of them. they're more comfortable than a glock, but the triggers are worse on every one that i've ever tried. ever.

if you could find an HS2000, which is basically an XD, minus a few minor changes, you'll get a better price.

$389 isn't a bad price, in fact, for a new one, that's about the best price i've ever seen on an XD. if it's used, it's not a good deal. the HS2000's are considerably less, but they're all going to be used.

good pistols, but for the extra money, i'd go with the proven pistol. granted, i'm talking about defense applications. if you're just taking it to the range, then it's fine. it's probably fine for defense, but the glock is finer.

9. footratfunkface

check your state's laws about CCW's. the ever-mentioned www.packing.org is a good site to start with.

10. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

Thanks man, umm i have teh AR for my defense heh

and you mentioned the trigger, whats the problem with it?

11. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

XD triggers are pratically single action light. He's been inhaling too much Hoppes #9. :nuts:

12. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

:nono:

ive shot an XD back to back with a glock twice, both times the XD trigger was a much smoother. also the xd feels a lot more solid, and everything fits together better on the gun. the glock is also too light for my taste, i prefer something with a little more mass. the XD has a better grip angle than the glock and the grip itself is more ergonomic

and around here you can get an XD for about 100 less, brand new and the magazines look and fit better :cool:

I wouldnt' worry about their relability. even though it's a new pistol, people have been putting a lot of rounds through them with very few problems (and no kabooms :fawk: ) and they have no problems feeding almost any type of ammo

13. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

Got one and LOVE it. It's everything that's good about Glocks without everything that sucks on Glocks.

14. footratfunkface

i don't know. the XD's that i've handled all had a tight spot at the very end of the pull. could just be something that needs breaking in, i don't know.