Spray-on or plastic bedliner?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jon1, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Jon1

Jon1 Guest

I'm scheduled to get a spray-on bedliner in a week. I'm having the local rhino dealer install it for $400 bucks. Anyone's thoughts?

On a separate subject, some 70 year old man nicked my truck the other night. I've only had it for 2 months, then bam - some old fuggar (with one arm I might add) hits me with his 1990 F-350 (with a camper). Mine is a 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4. I love the damn thing, but I'm afraid the paint won't match after the body repair, even if the paint is relatively new. Whatta pain in my ass. Another $400 for that shiz, but at least I'm not payin' for it. Now I'm back in paranoid mode, parking a block away from any destination for fear of another ding.

2. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

spray on liner for sure, they are sooo much better then the drop in plastic liners, and i hear rhino is supposedly the best

sorry to hear about the lil run in, i wouldn't worry about the paint matching, i have a car thats almost 5 years old and it had to get painted cuz an asshole backed into the side of it and the paint was matched perfectly

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

spary on = good

as far as paint what color is it some match up easyier than others

4. Jon1

Jon1 Guest

The color is red. But like i said, the truck is new (2001), so the paint hasn't faded. The body shop said trying to blend just the damaged area would be impossible. They have to remove the taillight, bumper and wheel flare to sand, primer, paint and clearcoat the whole panel (from rear bumper to the cab). One concern is that the bedliner gets sprayed in on Oct. 4th, the body repairs are on the 16th. I am wondering if the bedliner will get in the way or not.

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

red isnt ahrd to match at all but it is one of the more expensive colors to buy i wulod see how much more it would caost dto do the whole truck if it is more than 5 years old but with it bieing new i woudlnt worry about it and the bed liner maybe ahve to wait but i doubt it

6. 86 Bird

86 Bird eh

I would go with the spray on one. Cost a little more but is supposed to be better:bigthumb:

7. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Spray on is better, Rhino is the best, if in doubt hold off on bedliner until after body shop repairs.

8. We_Todd

We_Todd I'm a naughty squirrel.

Herculine that whole truck! :bigthumb:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hurculiner is okay, except for the fact that it's not UV resistant. I applied it to my 2001 Dakota in July and by August it had severely faded everywhere the sun had hit. I called Hurculiner and they said that that was a problem that they were starting to see more often. It is very tough stuff though.

10. nissanpower

nissanpower I :heart: PeyPey

I have a plastic over the rail liner, and it sucks. Even though it's a Nissan part, it doesn't fit right (I've never seen one that does). It's a pain in the ass to get out when I want to clean the bed, and an even bigger pain in the ass to replace when I'm done. I don't know much about the spray in, but they must be better.

11. Jon1

Jon1 Guest

well i went through with the rhino liner. it looks great. clean edges and a shiny finish. i think there's an application i can put on to help protect from fading, kinda like a 'sunscreen for liners'. any thoughts on this?