Spotting Issues!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jay Jay, May 27, 2002.

1. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Guest

Help! I washed/waxed my car last weekend and like a moron I parked my car by the sprinklers at the office on an 80 degree day. So naturally the water beaded up on and was baked onto the finish by the scorching sun. I came home and tried to wash the spots off using Mother's car wash soap and it didn't work. Then I tried Meguiar's Glaze on a test spot...didn't work. I tried Meguiar's Cleaner Wax...didn't work. I have washed the car 3 times already and the spots are still there! What can I do to get rid of this stuff? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW the car is a 98 GS-R

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

First thing you should do is make sure management is aware the sprinklers are on in the day time. Only a true idiot waters in the daytime-total waste of water and it burns the grass and screws up everyone's cars.

You will probably have to clay the water spots off or wash the car down with vinegar and water, then polish and wax. If worse comes to worse and you cannot get them off yourself, take it to a professional and then make your company pay for it-and I am serious. They should have enough sense to not water the grass around the parking lot when employees cars are parked there.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Thank god we don't have sprinklers at work.