Sports taping

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Raithan, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

Does anyone have a link to a good description of how to properly tape a wrist? Or possibly know a good description and could tell me? It seems pretty straight forward, but when I try to tape my wrist things always get messed up. Thanks everyone.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

get some prewrap if you want to protect your skin. apply prewrap to the entire area where the tape will be. do two lengthwise support strips - one from the base of your thumb back to about 2 inches past your wrist, the other on the other side... same thing.

start at the base with and wrap in a spiral, I usually go with about a half overlap. keep going up and be sure to put a few wraps around the hand (between the thumb and pointer finger). Its gonna take a while for you to get the pressure correct, you will feel a little numbness/tingling but you are gonna have to figure out how much is too much.

Picture doing this, but with tape:
    [​IMG]

I taped my own wrists for all of high school ball and my two years of college... this method works and provides good support. its harder to explain than I thought

3. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.