Sponsoring sites?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Labster, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

All I gotta say is holy shit, the prices some of these sites have quoted me to help sponsor the detailing section on them is crazy. $125/month and they call that reasonable? I mean I know you have to pay for bandwidth but there's countless large sponsors on these sites too! Sorry just had to rant

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Do you sell chemicals, or just a detailer looking to be a sponsor?

$125/mo. is insane I agree, but MOST of the people who run automotive websites are just professional webmasters who use their sites as income to earn a living... and as such commit highway robbery. Why else do you think so many of these sites beat members into submission so they violently sackride the sponsors?

3. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Just a detailer, detailing my way through grad school. I'm looking to expand my business to full time this coming year because I'm done with grad school in July and don't really have the fire go to on to my PhD right away. Honestly, $125/month can go to a lot of other places for myself. I know that it's good exposure on some of these sites (high end clientele) but is the paid exposure going to be compensated. When I enquired about one of the guys said it was very reasonable, I honestly don't consider $125/month to have a custom logo on a website reasonable but maybe that's just me.

4. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

The cost to sponsor sites is just crazy anymore. Depending on which sites you sponsor, the cost might be worth it,plus you can write any sponsorships off on your taxes.

A good place to advertise for free is on Facebook or Twitter.

5. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Another site that's similar. Almost a carbon copy actually.

6. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I'm not saying that I couldn't get work from it but honestly, I have a client that goes on that site from time to time and he has a collection of 28 cars and won't let anyone but me take care of them. But aside from full details I never see them. lol. He is flying me out to his new place in Phoenix in April to take care of 6 of the cars he moved out there however so I can't complain. Because of him I've also got quite a few recommendations, I'm just looking to expand but right now, finishing grad school, that $1500/year could go to other more needed places.

7. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

team speed