MIL Spoke to a recruiter today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Epicman, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Called the Marines recruiter and he blew me off right off the bat when he asked if I had any charges...didn't listen when I tried to explain and told me to call the Army. I called spoke to a real friendly guy, he took down some of my info and told me to come down to talk to one of the recruiters. I did that and spoke iwth a female recruiter(cute)...she was real friendly, we spoke for a while, she took my weight and height and that was it. I gotta go back for my neck and waist measurements since there weren't any male recruters when I was there. Not in a hurry to go back since I still have more weight to lose though. No real point to this message I guess. Sorry. :mamoru:

2. Fearan

Fearan Guest

lollerskates

3. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

No problem about height weight.
    Let me refer you so I can get $1k!!!

4. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Come again?

5. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

there is an incentive policy for referring people and once they graduate basic the person who referred them gets a cool grand.

so hook him up w00t w00t

6. shiba

shiba Active Member

you should split the money.

7. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

They produce their own.

8. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

:rofl: Yeah, I'm a menace to society.

9. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Sure, why not. When do I let them know who referred me? Mind you I won't be signing up until at the earliest early in 07.

10. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Hey let me look at the regs/paperwork.

11. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

You must have been charged with some serious shit....the Marines will take just about anyone...I swear theres a damn waivor for everything under the sun.

12. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

i don't like the marines anti tattoo policy, kind of redundant when you figure the people who really deserve tattoo's and the whole badass unruly (the job is killing people not greeting people at walmart) image usually associated with them that military people are exactly that. i know a few former marines all who couldn't reup in the marines since they had more then 5 tats...

13. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Disorderly conduct. I think it was teh combo of GED plus that that made him blow me off. But the charge will be getting dropped off as soon as I finish up some community hours. It's some program the state has for minor offenses. Basically you are on "probation" for 3 to 6 months, do some community hours, and they drop the charges.

14. origin unknown

granted. but the guys i serve with who were fm's honestly had random tats and considering attrition rates at their lowest i don't understand how they could just say fuck you without some form of case by case scenario waiver military red tape b.s.

15. origin unknown

army just lifted everything except for facial tats a couple months back while i was overseas... this bulldyke went on midtour and got a tattoo high on her neck, i mean in retrospect i can't bash her because she got hit by an ied when i was doing convoy with her. tattoos are cool but neck and hands is just unprofessional imo

16. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

I told him that first and he was ok with it, he asked me a couple of other questions, and then asked about any legal troubles. But what bothered me is that he just blew me off without listening to the fact that the charges will be dropped. I just don't like it when people blow me off.

17. I like tattoos and I feel the same way. I could never get my hands/neck tattooed.

18. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

GED is no problem for the Army, LOL

19. origin unknown

i can say i have a hs diploma and 84 asvab score and wasn't part of that lower tier. it is sad though that then pentagon expects the public to think that attrition/enlistments are going so well.

20. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Even if the charges are dropped???

21. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

no matter what that stuff all comes up on a militarry background check, even if your minor records are sealed or charges dropped dosent matter it will all be found out especially for clearance levels.

22. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

your court appearence and reason will still appear when followed through with the FBI background check and it's still going to require a waiver to explain.

plus you're a bit fat.

had you called him after you were done with community service and were a bit leaner he would have talked to you a bit more.

rules of the game. sorry

23. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

I'll probably call them back up after I lose more weight and get the charges taken care of. Just seemed like he wasn't even willing to talk. That's what bugged me. I even told him I'm just trying to figure out everything I need to get in order. Girl at the army was much friendlier and helpful.

24. origin unknown

its just with everything going they get alot of turds they have to deal with more often. maybe you just caught him on a bad day. when i spoke with the marine recruiters they were about me til i joined the army lol (20k signing bonus who could resist)

25. XJ-Owen

XJ-Owen New Member

I think they should go on the asvab scores more then if you have a hs diploma or a GED. I have a GED and scored a 89 on my asvab.