Splitting a DVD into seperate chapters

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by General Dissary, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Dissary

General Dissary New Member

I have a question for anyone good at this sort of thing.

I want to put an individual chapter of a movie into a powerpoint presentation. How would I do this?

I already downloaded a few free and trial DVD rippers and stuff, but I am in over my head and am totally lost.

I have one that can rip it into 2 dvd's but havent ran across any that would rip a dvd into chapters.

ANy help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not legal.

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

You really can't, not directly anyway. Unless there is a program designed for it (never found one). Chapters are just logical bookmarks in on the DVD and not necessarly physically broken out. What you can do (assuming the content is not protected) is import the video into a program like Nero Vision then from there edit it with the video editor to cut the section you want out to a new video. Save that as an AVI and you can import it into the PPT.

But Jolly is right, if you are doing this with a protected DVD may be illegal (depends on what country you live in, as jolly often forgets) to break the encryption. This would also violate the copyright and that "no public exibition" section of the license for the movie (yes, license, read the very end credits and the warnings).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.