WEB Splash screen

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Franchise, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Franchise

Franchise New Member

Just wondering if anyone can direct me to a webpage or give me information where I can get information for creating a splash page (not like a flash intro or anything) where if someone visits a webpage a pop-up (sort of like those advertisements) the whole screen gets used or half or something like that?

OR

Would you recommend me to create another page where users first get directed to then another page, my main use for this is to directly talk to the people who come to my forum through a written article (lacking user registrations) to increase the number registrations.

2. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

pop-ups are annoying and will be blocked by pop-up blockers or closed immediately.

3. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Use a message that is embedded in a div tag, that only shows up if the person hasn't been there before, then sets a cookie so they don't see it again.

Or, like I have on www.playerslounge.com.au, if you're not a member and signed in, you see a splash page (notice mine is nearly all text, so search engines like it since they're not members), but if you're a member or logged in, you just see the main front page instantly.