Spiderman 3 opinions???

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by awdboost, May 10, 2007.

1. awdboost

awdboost New Member

Was going to see it, but from all the reviews everyone said its only okay. Any reviews??

2. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

there were cool parts, and there were parts that were absolutely horrendous. if you see it in a theater people will LOL at the horrendous parts, and it will be enjoyable throughout. imo there was too much Peter Parker prancing around and too much silly drama that made little sense, and there was definitely not enough venom wrecking people's shit and being a badass. if the sandman wasnt in the movie, i wouldnt have missed him.

3. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

i agree with everything except the comment about sandman. i thought whats his face was excellent casting and thought he did the best acting of all the actors so far in all 3 flicks. i was really skeptical about sandman being any good, but i thought they pulled it off well. venom on the other hand...there was some cool stuff, but i was hoping for a lot more.

4. Jimeigh

he's a good actor, but his role in the movie was weak. with him out of the movie, there woulda been more room for venom to be developed. and then they could have used sandman in spiderman 4, or something. there were these 2 stories going on at the same time but neither story was given enough time on the screen to make much sense. thing is, people went to this movie to see one thing: venom. so, people are disappointed.

5. likquidpopx

likquidpopx New Member

spiderman 3 was a set up for Lizard and Carnage for the next movie

Conners has the symbiote and will turn into the Lizard

remember that other metoer with symbiote that fell? i think that can lead to Carnage

but it doesnt follow the cartoon because eddie brock is suppose to eb captured and put into jail and casedy turns into carnage UNLESS there's a pleasant surprised and venom survived somehow. who knows.

i also heard about the Black Cat might be featured in the next film

6. PANDA BEAR

PANDA BEAR New Member

Definately not enough venom... ill buy it tho:redxd:

7. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Only OK, and the audience was bored at my theatre.

I think Tobey wanted to showcase his acting. Notice how often he fought w/o his hood.

8. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

I'm going against the norm here, but I actually liked it. It didnt stick to the comics, at all, but neither did the other movies. I really like the sandman's character, and thought they fit him in well. My only gripe was I do wish they had more venom in it.

All in all, I'd see it again on dvd.

9. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

I wasnt impressed. If carnage is in the next movie i'll give up on the franchise. Venom is borderline, but carnage is everything bad about comics

10. tedistkrieg

tedistkrieg Exploited Filth

I liked it. Some things bothered me though like Peter Parkers stupid emo haircut, they barely developed Eddie Brock/Venom's character, and how they barely explained the symbiote.

Bruce Campbells part was awesome though =]

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Can hardly believe all the critics in here, i saw it yesterday and absolutely loved it! 3 was better then 1 + 2 together, the action scenes where put together in a very profound manner, it was absolutely great how they went from into a quiet moment with peter walking down the street, suddenly gets attacked and has to fight for his life with harry, those narrow scenes and camera movements were great action up till the point where harry knocks his head to this tube.

The Sandman for this version was absolutely fantastic, the moment i saw this escaped convict running in the dark i was like 'omg that looks like the sandman' , really the comic book lovers shouldn't be dissapointed because the movie outbeats the story line in the strips by far, the transformation of this guy into this sandfreak was for me really a period that was missing in the comic books, where you'd always had the feeling the sandman was always there, the cooperation of venom and the sandman vs spiderman and the hobgoblin was great too, especially the counter attacks of the hobgoblin against the sandman where amazing, the death of harry, the moments of romance, and life questions with the typical new york attitude in the surrounding city made this the best spiderman movie i've ever seen.

Its almost asif you people stepped into the wrong theatre watching it, i feel sad for you guys that you didn't enjoy it, but i really had the time of my life seeing it.

12. garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb OT Supporter

What the FUCK was that dancing shit? Possibly some of the gayest shit I've seen in a movie.

The action scenes weren't bad, but emo Parker kind of ruined the movie.

By far the worst of the 3.

13. garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb OT Supporter

The way they handled Parker 'changing' was horribly done. I'd honesty like to see if in the comics he was acting like a complete faggot doing the 'finger as guns' motion towards the women walking past him on the street and randomly breaking out into dance. I didn't pay 8 bucks to see fucking West Side Story.

14. Jimeigh

hahahhha you're an idiot in all aspects of your life :rofl::rofl:

15. Gigaman

Gigaman New Member

I went in with no expectations at all and came out dissapointed

16. Darketernal

Not if i compare it to the aspects of your life, you who put yourself on a pedestal thinking your so high and mighty isn't a justification to insult or harrass other people. You don't even know any of the aspects of my life, nor would you care for them,so why should anyone willingly listen to you?

Seriously jimmy you lose everytime backpedalling yourself into darkness when your just out to get people, i don't know how long it takes when you will understand. Hopefully before you get banned.

17. Darketernal

I didn't really mind it because he was being portrayed as the "student" type of guy , so even when being more agressive this attitude of social inadequacy came forward pretty strong was only to be expected. Peter Parker is a person who balances between being a nobody behind the scenes, to a somebody as spiderman on the big screen. So in that perspective i don't feel its misplaced.

For me the bad moment was more when mary Jane was having cooking lessons with Harry, i felt like id paid 8 bucks to watch jamie oliver doing a flipover with a pancake. I felt like i was being robbed from my money lol.

18. Jimeigh

my life is fantastic. go back to your fasting and repenting and pacifist self-loathing, but dont you dare glorify shitty movies.

19. Darketernal

You have no slack space its not asif 100% perfect movies are ever going to be broadcasted, so chill out and get the hell out of your negative solitairy attitude in which you pretend that your life is great, rather repent and fast while you glorify and hail this wonderfull spiderman 3 movie along with me. I mean c'mon , it wasn't that bad. Didn't you even like the sandman? They did a great character on him, and that guy turning into venom and him into the sandman was well done too,there was great action in it and honestly if this was a bad movie towards you you might do good in lowering your standards, i'd like to hear what you'd consider as a good movie, maby diehard4 , which im bound to go see too. :wiggle:

20. Jimeigh

i dont even know what the hell you're babbling on about anymore, but for the sake of bringing in a different perspective lets see what Rotten Tomatoes had to say about spiderman 3 compared to the last two.

Spiderman: 90% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman/

Spiderman 2: 93% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_2/

Spiderman 3: 61% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_3/

if you read my posts here you'd have seen where i said
    so obviously there were things i liked about it. i liked it if only for the sheer fact that venom was on the screen. but was it a gem? hell fucking NO. and was it better than either of the other two spiderman movies? hell. no. was it better than both the other movies combined? you've got to be retarded to think so.

21. Darketernal

Rotton tomatoes has rotton opinions anyway, and if you look at the reviews they go ' i really liked it ' but on grading they still give low rates, and what gives? Spiderman 1 was just a hobgoblin fest, while Spiderman 2 just made you go into the cradle of the octopus, the action scenes in Spiderman 3 where top notch compared to the first 2, the overal atmosphere was better, and the villan with hero, villan and villan teamwork made this movie all the more interesting, because Spiderman got an ally out of an unexpected corner, you didn't had any of those kind of events in the first 2, Spiderman 2 was far more boring, and Spiderman 1 had to occupy itself purely with building up the story around Peter Parker, because the story build up is done and over with around Peter Parker itself, we can see Spiderman being able to come in action in full glory against the Villans. The only thing with the critics is that the movie goes so fast, most people can't follow the story line, and its impossible to demand they can squeeze years of comic book story line within a 140 min time frame, im damn happy that if not that it didn't follow the story line, because this movie outbeats the story line in the comic books by far, therefore this dissapointment is unwarrented, and because the overal lackings that where present in Spiderman 1 and 2 where filled up in Spiderman 3 makes it not at all so strange at all for people to say that this movie outbeats the previous 2 versions of Spiderman.

22. Jimeigh

holy fuck your opinions suck. i wish i could add you to my ignore list.

and it wasnt the hobgoblin in the first movie. it was the green goblin.
    maybe you'll notice a striking resemblance between these two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(for starters, they're both green)

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  23. Darketernal

My opinions stand as they are, look if you do a google search you'll see that if you type green goblin, both the hobgoblin and the green goblin will appear, so in other words 'they are the same' hence the confusion because both son and dad who play the part of the goblin are in the movie.

24. Jimeigh

just stop talking. you're an idiot and you know it.

[​IMG]

25. Darketernal

[​IMG][​IMG]

maybe you'll notice a striking resemblance between these two:

Its not worthy to give it a different name, its still the hobgoblin Its the same thing just with a different color, and maby without the cape. And it outlines wonderfully that the spiderman comic books lacked creativity compared to the Spiderman 3 movie.

Lets talk some more , i already outlined before that these things are not a justification to insult or harrass other people , your insults are misplaced, and your self proclaimed immortality will be your downfall.