SphereXP Questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drinks11, Oct 8, 2004.

1. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

I just stumbled across this, and it looks really fucking cool. Has anyone ever used it? I've downloaded it but haven't installed it yet because it seems like a major reworking of my desktop, so I want to make sure it's worth it before I do it. Any insight, positive or negative would be awesome.

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

I haven't used it so take it as you will but I've read from several forums that it is a resource hog -- it has a long way to go but I'd assume you could install then uninstall and revert back.

3. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

i've used it before, it's pretty cool, but it still needs some work and some new features which will probably be in the final version before i'll use it full time.

and it's not a problem to uninstall, won't hurt anything, and you don't even have to shut down to get to your regular XP desktop, just shut down SphereXP

4. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

Anyone else have any input?

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

There was a big thread about it in OT recently, bunch of screenshots and such. Looks pretty cool, but honestly I think it'd bug the fuck out of me, especially since it'll be a huge resource hog.

6. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

I dont know, it isnt that big of a resource hog. Looking at my process manager it is currently using 38 MB and 0% of the CPU. It looks really cool and I could imagine with enough use it could actually get to be pretty useful.

Go ahead and install it. To get back to the normal desktop just click on the background and hit ESC, that completely kills the program and puts you back in the standard XP background.