Spermicide Experience...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by KDSVS, Oct 2, 2006.

1. KDSVS

KDSVS New Member

Both of us are virgins...we're going to be using condoms....what is the verdict here? Good extra protection or something that may just possibly irritate her down there?

Experiences? Stories? Thanks:coolugh:

2. StealingBread

StealingBread New Member

never used spermicide, never been pregnant. -shrugs- I have a very irritable Vag though, and sometimes the lubricant the comes with condoms is too much for me, and it ends up burning.
    Find out if you/your lover has a irritable vagina by playign around with lubricant before using spermicide.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

No telling if either of you will have a reaction to it or not. Tried it once... she noticed nothing, but for me it burned like hellfire. Too bad for me really, as I can't ever take advantage of the slight extra safeness. OTOH, you don't need it, per se.

Buy a 3-pack of each kind just in case.

4. KDSVS

KDSVS New Member

I'm trying to be safe...it IS a big deal. If you don't have anything to add then please don't respond at all.

I appreciate everyones feedback:cool:

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Generally, if she's on BC, and you use a condom, and both are being used properly....spermicide isn't going to make that big of a difference. And if you're really that worried about it...better to not have sex at all.

There's a fine line between being responsible/careful and being overly paranoid.

6. KDSVS

KDSVS New Member

I know what you are saying. It's just that she will be flying in at the end of this week and I'm just getting everything we need.

She is out of state for work for the next month or so and due to this we saw no point for her to be on birth control yet.

Just being prepared. Thanks

7. fray

fray New Member

Spermicide on the condom can cause things like a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis (like a yeast infection, but bacterial, not fungi) because it can upset the normal population of microbes. I think it depends on the person though as to whether it causes a problem or not...

8. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

Does anyone know the actual stats for how much more effective spermicide makes a condom? It's probably a very small number... taking a little bit of extra time to properly put it on would most likely make up for the absence of spermicide.

9. KDSVS

KDSVS New Member

I was thinking about this myself. Say a condom in normal use is 86% effective. So there is that 14% of the time it isn't. So if a spermicide is 78% effective I'd guess you could take 78% of the 14% giving you another approx 11% bringing the rate up to 97% ish....so only 3 would get pregnant within a year of having sex this was under normal use.

I have no data to back that up just playing with the math:)

10. dystinct

dystinct New Member

I usually buy Trojan Ultra Thin with the spermicide.. so far no complaints or problems