Spermicide Condoms useless?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Apr 6, 2006.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I use to use them because I heard they are much safer then normal ones, but I find they seem to be thicker and more uncomftable then normal trojan condoms. Also I think I read on here that the FDA warned Trojan about marketing them as safer then normal condoms because spermicides dont do anything in jelly form in a condom. Is this true?

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Spermicide damages the vagina.

3. Pringles

Pringles New Member

can you elaborate more on this as apparently I'm very ignorant in this area. I thought it was benificial for me and my partner. What are the down sides?

4. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

5. orie

orie social assassin

my GF is allergic to that shit

6. JohnJohnJohnson

I believe it messes up the pH? At any rate, spermicide should never be put inside a girl.

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Saying that spermicide should never be put inside is like saying spermicide should never be used at all, which doesn't make any sense ;)

http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_spermicide.html

I couldn't find a whole lot about side effects with spermicides- I don't know if I was searching witht he wrong keywords?
    Anyways, here's a more in depth site.
    http://www.drugs.com/cons/Spermicides.html
    Point being, every woman's body is different. Some women can handle spermicides, some women have problems with it (much like EVERYTHING else out there).

8. JohnJohnJohnson

Yep.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

And what are your qualifications to make that statement? Can you back it up with any statistics? If it is so unsafe to use, why has it not been pulled from the market by the FDA? Why do doctors still recommend their patients using it?

10. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm repeating what I've learned from sexperts and highly informed speakers at info sessions and lectures.

The sex toy market is somewhat unregulated because the government has a "shy" approach to anything remotely smelling like eroticism. Unhygienic sex toys are not pulled from the market by any federal agency because of political prudishness about the subject. As I understand it, what it comes down to is the question, "Who in political power is willing to spend money on testing sex products?" Jelly-based dildo toys are not slapped with warning labels, despite the fact that they collect bacteria and literally shed inside the vagina when used. Sugar-based lubricants that cause yeast infections when used inside the vagina are sold without instructions. Similarly, promising AIDS research lacks funding in the U.S.

11. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

For some people it could be an irritant.
    for others it does not.

and It does not effect the vaginas natural defenses, as say a douche does.

I used a spermacide insert as a form of birth control in my teens, coupled with a condom and the pill ( I was NOT getting pregnant)

I had no ill effect because of it.

12. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

Proper care and useage of Jelly coated sex toys are perfectly safe to use and pose no more risk than that of a scented tapax.

13. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

It all depends on what happens.. I mean when my boyfriend and I had been using condoms, at one point we had used spermicide condoms.. I was not a big fan.. first of all, because it irritated me along with my boyfriend and also.. because the spermicide is NOT a good thing when you want to give oral, when wanting to have a taste..haha

14. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

:eek4:

15. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

There was a warning on the box when I looked at 'em, telling me they werent for use more than once a day. Pfft, wouldnt work, especially on weekends (2-3x at least). There went that. Now I guess I know why.

16. XTaInTeDXRuCaX

XTaInTeDXRuCaX New Member

They seem to work for me and my boyfriend, we have been using them for about 2 years of out 3 years togeather. Neither of us have had a problem with them, but we only have sex like most once a week. Maybe that is what makes all the diffrence.:x: lets hope they keep working!