SRS Spending too much time on the computer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brianpsx, Jun 30, 2009.

1. brianpsx

brianpsx Life's a Peach

I recently graduated college, so I am planning out a trip to travel a bit. In the meantime, I have been spending so much time on the internet doing absolutely nothing. This has been happening most of my life, where I depend on the computer. Most days, I am on the computer the whole day and don't even step outside of the house. I feel I am addicted to the computer and it distorts my whole sense of reality. I remember on some days when the internet goes out and I kinda freeze and ask myself, "what the heck do i do now." I routinely work out and take care of myself, but that is the only other activity I engage in than stay on the computer. Do any of you have the same problem? Should I set limits on my computer usage? This is a problem that has been with me most of my life and I need to make a change.

2. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Well, you recognize a problem, and thats good. It also tells you that you believe you have a problem. Setting yourself some time limits would help. Or maybe just go a few days a week without getting online at all. Find other things to do, and only go online if you need to.

3. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

addictive personality ftl

4. Daria

Daria New Member

Keep a little alarm with you. Set your alarm to a certain time limit when you're online. When the alarm goes off, get up and do something (ie. read a chapter of a book, go out for a walk, do some house cleaning/chores, call someone, etc.). Go back to the computer if you really want, but set an alarm and get up again when the alarm goes off. After awhile you should be less used to sitting in front of the computer for extended periods of time.

I used to have a problem with being online too much, but the older I got, the more interested I became in activities away from the computer. You may just need to give yourself some time.

5. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

the fact you are looking for help from the one place you think you are addicted to is hillarious though. Can't imagine a drunk going to his favorite bar and asking them to help him change

6. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I was thinking the same thing. "I'm online too much, I'll make a post online about it."

I'd ask yourself if you are more social online than in real life... If yes, then you need to definitely get out more.

7. Daria

Daria New Member

good point

but there's all kinds of people online. who knows, maybe someone can help him