SRS Spending New Years Eve Alone Crew - Sign In!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mugwump, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Sent this to a friend (and only a friend):

To: Julie Ann
    Subject: No plans for New Years yet...

What about you?

And their response...

To: Jeff
    Subject: RE: No plans for New Years yet...

Jeff,

A college friend is having a NY's party, so yeah, I'm booked. Hope you find something fun!

Julie

A little background on her: She just moved here from Florida a few months ago. She's brand new to Minneapolis and going to school and making new friends. I've known her for awhile. In no way is this any kind of romantic friendship (we've discussed it and the attraction isn't really there).

If this was any other situation, where it was someone I knew going to a party with different friends who I didn't know but that she had known for awhile, I wouldn't feel bad. But I'm certain she hardly knows these people, and it hurts a lot that she'd be like "I got plans, so you're on your own!" She knows that I had a really stressful Fall/Winter and she promised to get together more after finals. Not to mention when she first moved back here, I made a real effort to give her some company since she lives alone and was going through some shell shock. I'm disheartened that she isn't trying to do the same.

I'll be damned if I try to invite myself along. That would be rude anyway, and she'd probably say yes but feel uneasy about it or think that I'm a loser (I'm sure she already does). I think I'm going to stop talking to her for awhile.

All my friends are either married, distant, not at the level of friendship to invite me to an intimate News Years party, or etc etc... Three cheers to spending New Years alone!

2. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

:wavey:
    it's still early, so don't worry.

3. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

eh, I have someone to spend it with, but it wont be how I wanted to. First year EVER I have had someone to spend it with. It is a girl I am somewhat dating.

4. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

BTW, hang in there, I m sure something will come up. Just remember, it is just another day, only reason it is 'special' is because people make you believe you have to be out partying.

5. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

The way I see it is we're in a different stage of life right now. I'm working on a career and making new friends at work; she's working on her graduate degree in law and busy busy. I don't get voicemails anymore about getting together for a movie quick or that she's at a bar waiting for me to stop by if I'm not busy. I was her means to an end and an inbetween before she made new friends. Let her play with her college friends now and consider me chopped liver.

6. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

oh well, it looks like i'll be drinking solo as well.

my 'friends' don't feel like doing anything. :squint: in fact i'd love to post my recent convo but i am just upset and i'd prob regret it. oh well, who needs them anyway?

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  7. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

I'm probably gonna be staying in. I have the flu :wtc:

8. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

aww.. sorry, luv.

feel better

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

get well

10. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

IN

Actually I will prolly go to my parents house and stay their. Or else they will be bitching at me why i didn't come.

But i'll be alone too. :hs: it sux

11. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

12. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

just reminds me that a girl just called to ask me for plan for the new year. i told her that i really dont have anything planned but usually dont make a big deal out of new year ...

she said to the extent "if you want to, you can come with me to my friends' party". now, i wasnt really looking to go, but why not? :)

13. pringlesuck

pringlesuck New Member

i think you are just making a big deal out of nothing. if she didnt make an offer, just do something else with other friends, family, or pets :)

14. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

eat shit and die

15. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

You'd think she'd invite you along if she could. I wouldn't try to invite myself if I were you either, just makes things awkward. Don't sweat it though, there are other occasions to have a good time. Like someone else mentioned, the general pop. just makes you feel like you need an annual event to go crazy. It's all hype really..

16. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm staying home, alone. I don't really care, I don't drink and I have no desire to go out and get drunk just because the calendar says it's a new year.

17. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

I had plans for tonight.

A friend told me that he was having a new years party and invited me over.

He left me a voicemail this afternoon confirming his invitation.

I made plans with another person who was invited to ride with them.

About 20 minutes before I was to be picked up I was told by my ride that the party was canceled.

I feel very let down that my friend didn't call me personally to let me know that plans were changed.

I'm sitting alone drinking the beer that I purchased to bring to my friends new years party.

18. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: New Years' is just another day in my book; who gives a shit really?