Speedvision are assholes

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by autoracer1, Feb 1, 2003.

1. autoracer1

autoracer1 Rallyx postponed :wtc: Next one May 10.

Theyre new WRC format is stupid. They should have done what was said in that thread and used their new format ALONG with the old one...

Because I was partying last nite I missed it, and now I cant see ANY OF the coverage until rallyxs monday, even then it will be snippets.

Worst. Format. Ever.

So is idea behind it. Fuck.

2. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Idea behind it is good.

Noone was watching the TV late on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Even as big of a WRC fan as I am, I still wasn't around on weekend nights to watch it.

Personally I liked the new format. The show was more in-depth about everything. It was put together very good, as opposed to the skim the surface, get it done quickly, fill it with stuffing of the older shows.

Having Nicky Grist provide color commentary throughout the show is a definite :bigthumb: in my book.

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Very true...but seriously...they need to get Ralph the fuck out.
    I mean "See how he pulls the hand brake to swing the rear end around.....THERE!" I mean come on! Just shut up and let either Nickey, or the driving do the talking.

Otherwise i like the format, but it still isnt the daily coverage we need/deserve. But even still it was better then i was expecting.

4. Schatten

Schatten Guest

hmmm, I haven't seen the new WRC format yet. but this reminds me of Danny Sullivan who should stay off the television because he has nothing to talk about and no one is really interested in talking to him on the grid.

5. autoracer1

autoracer1 Rallyx postponed :wtc: Next one May 10.

I really like nicky grist explaining the stuff, and yes ralph is kinda ehh.

I still think there needs to be more coverage overall, because i miss it and then it makes me sad :(

6. Guido The Penguin

The only thing really missing between last year's coverage and this years is the mountain of in-car footage. Its nice to see a stage from inside the car. It gets a bit monotnous to see it from 5 different cars.

7. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

I for one I'm deeply disappointed at the new WRC TV format. The UK version was deeply patronising in my opinion. I dont want commentary over every piece of footage, I can work out whats happening for myself.

I guess its just a product of the times, and the way WRC is evolving under the control of Dave Richards and ISC. The aim to make it more TV friendly is crushing the very core of WRC.
    Fact is making the events shorter in both distance covered and time creates problems. The fact that stages are being run several times over the course of the weekend is another issue. Already in the two rallys this year we've seen at least 2 stages per rally cancelled.

In my view, Dave Richards has sold out both rallying, and himself in the quest for money.

8. Guido The Penguin

Dont worry, the American version of it pretty much mirrors the British. A little bit too much talking and not as much action.

Actually I saw a funny video made using the EuroSport WRC coverage titled 'A little less talking, a little more Action' using a song of the same name.

9. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Its all rolled into one big two hour show.
    And its no longer live....rather it airs the week AFTER the rally.
    Check speedtv.com for the listings of show times. Becuase it changes from week to week.:ugh2: