WEB Speeding up Documentation

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DMClark, Jul 14, 2009.

1. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

Yes, documentation, everyone's favorite thing to do... EVER!

My main question deals with making those oh so nice picture aids for the visual learners.

In the past I've done the normal screen capture, throw in photoshop, cropped, put arrows, circles, whatever has been needed for each little image.

So other than some small photoshop actions, anyone else found anything to help speed up such tasks? I may end up having to do more of it soon and trying to figure out some different things to do to save time.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:wtf: @ ur av :rofl:

3. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

just make your web site so awesome that it needs no extra documentation. shouldn't that be the goal?

4. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

Vast majority of this would be back-end documentation. For example, setting up the needed modules in Drupal to pull e-mail from an account and stick it into certain nodes. Tasks such as this, so someone else can do them next time :o

5. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

gotcha. if I was gonna do that.. I'd just do a screencast and host it on the site for admin eyes only.. record yourself actually doing it once and try to cover all the bases. if you do pics, even if you highlight stuff in them and do 10,000 pics, there will always be something that someone doesn't understand, and it would take you infinitely longer to set up

6. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

Yeah I've actually thought of that too lol.

I was thinking of doing some Drupal screen casts because I've been rather disappointed in some of the more general stuff I've found and think I could do it better... but then I realized I don't like to listen to my own voice. /ot lol