GUN Speed Reloads Video - Beating up my new magwell

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Oct 21, 2008.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

So I'm finally getting into practicing with my Open gun for next season and put a beating on the new magwell. I haven't even practiced it much, but shooting single stack all last season has paid dividens, my double stack reloads are pretty sick and I have yet to push the envelope.

[y]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-am0OHbAA8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-am0OHbAA8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[/y]

2. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

is it still too wide for you? you readjusted your grip every time after you hit the mag release button.

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Good eye.

Yeah, it's been quite some time since I've shot a double stack and I can't hit the dam button without flipping the gun. I'm losing time not being able to hit that button faster and having to readjust my grip. I thought it would get better with a larger button, I still have a lot of hours of dry fire ahead of me to get this down better.

Shooting single stack has made my reloads smooth, but not as fast as it could be. I can push it and go faster, but my reloads are less consistent. I can hit that reload all the time, about 90%.

Either my grips need to get smaller or my hands need to get bigger.

4. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

is it a oversized button or do you have a extended lever on it? the lever might help but the problem with that is sometimes the grip will cause your mag to fall. give and take i guess. i dont see it as slowing you down, but readjusting your grip could slow you down later by not having your master grip.

us asians got small hands. boo.

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

It's a shooters connection button. I'm going to order a paddle/lever button.

My thumbs are high enough on the grip that I may be able to get away with it, it's only $25 to find out. I think my single stack reloads are faster than my double stack reloads.