Speed Glaze Problem

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by joedog24, Feb 7, 2005.

1. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

After I washed it, I did a small section (1/4 of F150 hood) with #80 Speed glaze, and when I started wiping it off with my MF it was very difficult?? I was using a blue propel pad at 4.5, it was about 48deg. outside. I put 3 small dots about the size of an eraser on the pad. So I wiped as much as I could get off, and went and got the 'nilla moose (love that stuff :drool: ). Last time I used #80 I used #83 before hand and diden't have any problems. What gives?
    Also, EX w/carnuba isn't blinging enought for me. Should I use a finishing pad insted of by hand? TIA:hsd:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I had the same problem when I tried to apply it, it really stuck on there. Since this is a related topic, I was wondering, is this what #80 is supposed to look like?
    (Speed Glaze on the left, DACP on the right.)
    [​IMG]

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yes, Speed Glaze looks like what you would find in a diaper.

I find that #80 is easier to remove with a terry cloth towel than with a microfiber towel, probably because it has abundant oils. In addition, I find that if I let it dry a little, that also helps. Make sure you are working it until it begins to look more clear but not until it dries, because it really won't dry and dust like DACP does. Do the next section, then come back to the 1st one and remove.

4. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

sometimes when i work in the 80 i work it til it breaks down very well kinda like using Propolish. ive never had 80 gum up or any problems removing it.

5. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

should it be done by hand or can i use a pc 7424?

6. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

either way, if you work it by hand it wont break down the abrasives to polish correctly. Now if you use it with a pc it can remove some light to moderate scratches. If you use it by rotory you get the best of both worlds. So either way it works.

7. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

:cool: so using a pc 7424 would be ok then

8. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

id be great.

9. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

I'm still having a problem with #80 caking up and depositing itself at times in clumps, but I keep going over it with the blue pad, it finishes off just fine, but sometimes its hard to remove. Am I using to much? Seems like megs has always been hard to remove. :rl: :uh:

10. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Post a pic on how much you are putting on a pad and how big of a section. You aren't using it in the sun are you? #80 always comes off fairly easy for me.