Speed Dating

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mistergixter, Oct 11, 2008.

1. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

I will admit that I got back from this tonight. I drove there feeling a mix of emotions, from being nervous, to be afraid to being calm.

It was a good learning experience and I had fun. To give some details, you get 6 minutes per table with 8-12 women, depending on how many people show up. Then you go from table to table and chat.

I learned some small things about myself. One of them being that I can talk to any woman and maintain a decent conversation. I found that I might talk too much but can pretty much carry on a conversation. That leads me to believe that this approach anxiety that I have is just petty. I can be charming if I be myself.

I would suggest this for some people who may not be completely comfortable and are willing to go and do something outside of their comfort zone.

Out of the 10 women there, there were about 4 that I would like to hear back from. The others were just not my type to be honest.

Apparently I was 1 of 2 non engineers, everyone else was. It was supposed to be in an age bracket of 26-32 but there may have been some people over 32 there.

I would do it again, but with a younger crowd.

If you have a chance to do it, I would suggest it.

2. fray

fray New Member

My friend used to do this randomly. I don't think he ever met anyone from there, but he used to like it.

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I did it once as a fundraiser in college. It was okay, I'm undecided as to if I would do it again or not. I felt like it was too much of an "interview" process, and not enough of a talk session..

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

My parents told me about this, about how one of our friends went to one, met a girl and then married her. They're funny when they hint about stuff like this :mamoru:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Kudos for trying that out man, I think that's pretty cool.

I find it hilarious and not shocking that most were engineers, I can't get over it :rofl:

The thing that is so great about it is you know right up front that you are just about to meet people who want to meet someone. I guess it's not as challenging as a cold approach but for someone who is feeling a little out of touch and scared about approaching on their own it's a good place to start. And you learned that you can hold a conversation :)

Now with the 4 you'd like to hear from again did you get their numbers? How does that work?

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:bigthumb: i've always wanted to do this, but i'd never go alone :o i'd always try to talk my girl friends into going, but they were always a) hell no :ugh: or b) in relationships.

my best friend has been doing the online thing lately, and i think it's made her more open to other suggestions. :dunno: i mentioned it recently, and she's really excited about the idea :big grin: i can't wait!

from what i recall [from the site i'm talking about: hurrydate.com], you fill out paperwork about all the people you meet. it's all anonymous. if the 4 people you want to meet want to meet you as well, then it's declared a match. then the two of you are able to email/call, etc. :)

7. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

So I got a little note card when I sat down and had to fill out the names that corresponded with the number that they were sitting at. So you talk, make notes if you want. I did not, I based it off of people who I would want to hang with and I thought were attractive.

So when you get to the website to decide who you want to hear from, a simple yes or no. Then they need to input if they want to hear from you.

So I picked my 4 that I wanted to hear from, only 3 out of the 4 wanted to hear back from me. You can not ask for the person's last name or email while at the place.

So one of the girls gave me her number straight up and told me to call her from an email on the site. Another girl contacted me and said she wanted to meet up with me too. And the third girl gave me her email, all of this I did without asking for anything.

So I am more than likely going to meet up with my number 1 pick tomorrow. She was the prettiest and I got along with her. We talked for 35 minutes tonight. Might grab a bite to eat and some drinks. Turns out she lives by my school and works by my house.

I will update and let you know how it goes.

Then I found a little tattooed 20y/o who thinks i am hot.

Date both of them and see who I like better.

Updates tomorrow night.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

9. Striff

Striff Gimme the chocolate OT Supporter

All I can think about while reading this thread is 40 year old virgin.

10. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

:h5: sweet! and props on the 20y/o... i have always wanted to go to one of these but could never do it alone. Did you go to this alone?

I have to try this one day! Any suggestions? Other than the normal be yourself, dress to impress blah blah...

11. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

:cool: big pimpin

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Sounds interested. I should have tried that when I was single.

13. DavidC

DavidC New Member

sounds like success!
    just a few questions
    did u go alone? and did you have to pay to attend this?

14. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

I am 26 and a non virgin.

So I went out with my number one pick tonight. We met for dinner, her choice at 6:15. We had really good conversation. I made her laugh a lot. Then after dinner we walked around and talked, then got some Starbucks and then we kind of people watched, talked about fake boobs and just had really good conversation.

I was fighting a stress headache all night, so she asked if she wanted to rub my neck, which I said yes to and she did that for about 5 minutes. It felt good.

So when I met her at the speed dating thing, I only saw her from the chest up, no idea if she was skinny or anything. Turns out, she is hot. She has T&A and I am very attracted to her. I feel comfortable being myself around her.

We finally parted ways at 10:00, so we spent a little over 3 hours together.

Didn't set anything up for another date, but I am going to call her this weekend and she if she wants to go out to dinner again, then maybe shot some pool.

As for the speed dating question, yes I paid for it, $35 and yes I went alone.

15. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Update:

So I called her on Friday and talked to her. I told her that I had a really good time and she said that she had a really good time too. We chatted for a bit and we set up a date on Monday. Turns out I am going to be free on Sunday and I know she is free but I have already set something up. Should I call her and try and set something up, or just wait the one day and hang out with her.

For Monday's date, we are going to BJ's for food and beer. She used to play pool and was really good. So I am thinking about going to play some pool after dinner and have her teach me how to play. I can play, but I am not very good. Maybe I can get her to stand behind me and show me how to shoot. Not sure how it would work though, I am 6'2 and she is 5'5.

I am thinking action date for sure and for the third date, I am thinking cooking for her and then a movie.

Thoughts, comments?

16. metakone

metakone New Member

What speed dating service did you use ? Would you recommend it to others ?

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Honestly I would probably try it if I was bored and single. Not to get a date out of it, but just to say I did it.

18. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

cupid.com and I liked the area host that I had. Like Falc said, if you are bored and single and want to do it. Then go for it.

Let me give you my experience, I just got back from my second date with the speed dating match. I am pretty sure we are going to be dating.

I would recommend it.

19. chica&buddies

:cool:

:dunno: i always wanted to do it because it seemed cool. i love meeting new people. i think oprah had a show about it as well :o. i'd never go into it with any expectations, just an open mind.

:cool: congrats for you, tho!

20. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

That is exactly how I went into it. What is the harm in meeting new people? Shit, I have wasted $40+ on one date, for $35 I get to talk to 10 different women.

So I needed to add more details about the date. First we split a pitcher of beer, Jerimah Red to be exact and then we went to the movies.

I told her that I was going to put my arm around her and hold her hand. She giggled and said just don't hit me in the head.

Once I put my hand of her thigh, it was hard for us not to be touchy.

We were walking out of the theater and she put her arm through mine....we kind of made out in the parking lot.

Then we went our seperate ways. Ya, I think she likes me.:wiggle::hsd::bigthumb:

So thank you speed dating for setting me up with an awesome girl.:wavey:

21. chica&buddies

aww... this made me :big grin:

i love the feeling of new relationships :wiggle:

22. coldstone

coldstone New Member

I was thinking Hitch.

Congrats, brobama. Glad you had a good experience.

23. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

So the good experience has ended. I am not sure what the combination was that did it in but I will best explain it.

So the phone call thing irked me a little bit. Then I was reminded that I am just 'dating' this girl, not in a relationship with her. So that is OK.

I went over to her house and we started making out on the couch. That moved to her room. Which then lead to each other striping down. That is where the issues begin. She got nekkid and I did not find her attractive at all. If my little man had not had any action in 5+ months, then he might have shyed away from the show.

I felt compelled to sack it up and go through with the motions. We were going at it, I was doing what I needed to do not to blow my load within 2 minutes. Mission accomplished. However, she was slower to finish the race than I was. I did not care for some reason. Maybe it was the loss of attraction to her.

That was on Thursday. It is now Sunday and no communication either way. I do not regret doing what I did but I somehow wish I would not have. I think I was thinking with the wrong head.

She also was grabbing my junk and calling my 'big' which is not really true. I am of average size and girth. But appartently I was big to her. Normally that would be an ego boost, but I found it more disconcerning, because in my opinion it is not that big.

Then there was the freaky part where she finished herself on me. Not a fan of that.

So to sum everything up:

Speed dating is worth the $35 that you have to pay. Here is why, you are put in a situation that is outside of your comfort zone and you are semi forced to make conversation with someone of the opposite sex.

You do meet cool people, which can be a good way to make new friends. However, you did need to be careful not to become attracted to someone who is like your own personaility.

Dating does not equal sex, you should make sure you are not going to have any issues after sex, unless it is sexually related.

Since there has been no communication since Thursday, do I mention something over a text message, give her a call or just let it be?

I think I went into this thing to head strong. Also not being experianced in dating could have led to a downfall.

Well I get to talk to a therapist on Wednesday and I am going to bring up my fear of talking to pretty women. I will let you know how that goes.

24. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

Mate most guys have that problem and unless you have a PARTICULARLY strong emotional reaction to it that's more than the average guy I wouldn't worry about it. You just have to plow through it with some good ol' fashioned hard work.

25. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

The therapist I am going to see is my old Human Sexuality teacher, since it is at school, it is free. Never hurts to get a professionals advice. Besides, he is a good guy.

I just need to plow though things like you say ware.