Spec Stage III clutch *pics*

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Silent, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Silent

Silent New Member

Just got the SPEC III clutch (new x-pad) & billet flywheel in the mail yesterday along with the upgraded hydraulics since they changed them for 01-02. I hope this goddamn thing doesn't chatter :hs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics HERE

2. shiznits

shiznits What

you should be happy

3. Silent

Silent New Member

I am happy, but at the same time I'm nervous about the chattering never going away after break-in since thats what some people say happens :hs:

4. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

5. TireSmokinSRT

TireSmokinSRT Bring in the stunt cock

i've heard the same thing, but on the other hand i don't want to pay $800 for a Mcleod :hs:

keep me updated, because i'm going to need a new clutch shortly after the S/C goes on.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Guest

I've got one of the first Mcleod twin discs to hit the street (2nd one I think), and mine still chatters. But they revised them a while back, I haven't head of any problems since.

7. Silent

Silent New Member

I should have it installed in April when I take my car out of storage :wtc:

On a side note... this goddamn thing is heavy as fuck... it has to weigh at least 70lbs (including flywheel) :eek3:

8. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

holy shit....70lbs?

9. Silent

Silent New Member

I'll put it on a scale today and post actual weight :big grin:

10. Prime Rib

Prime Rib Guest

I just installed one in my car a couple of days ago. It doesn't chatter at all if you drive it correctly. It WILL NOT slip like a stock clutch, it's an on/off deal but doesn't chatter. You'll be fine....I like mine a lot

josh

11. Silent

Silent New Member

Put it on a scale yesterday and I was off by 20lbs :big grin: Actual weight including flywheel was 49lbs.

Josh: I'm pleased do hear that yours is working great! Did you have to buy the upgraded hydraulics? If so, which master cylinder did you go with? (stock 01-02, or mcleod adjustable)

On another note, what rpm are you leaving off the line for daily driving?

12. AcidAngel_5.0

AcidAngel_5.0 Pure 0wnage

13. you know me

49 lbs is still heavy. Not to bad though. I know a guy who has a 17lbs one in his ZR-1

14. Silent

Silent New Member

:eek3:

15. you know me

he went from a dual disk flywheel to a single mass flywheel. Here is a post he made on another board:
    Lightweight flywheel weighing in at 7 lbs - 2 disks with Metallic button style pads - Push style thrust bearing & Tilton Pressure plate, all rated at 640 ftlbs, I can modify the clutch to handle 720 ftlbs just by installing shims on the pressure plate, I shall do this id it slips with the NOS, but at 640 Ftlbs, I think I can safely say I will be fine.

"I weighed the stock setup including: Flywheel - Disk - Pressure plate - Bolts - Thrust bearing - 58lbs
    The new setup including: Flywheel - Disks - Pressure plate - Bolts - Thrust bearing 18lbs

A 40 lb weight loss is incredible, and eve more so when it's rotating mass, I can’t believe how quick the engine spools up now, what’s really amazing is how the car pulls, I can power shift from 1st - 2nd - 2nd - 3rd - 3rd - 4th without letting of the gas once & it never for one minute stops accelerating. I have used many different clutches in the past, and everyone no matter what brand would hesitate somewhat before it would grab, this thing is instant, it's like you never even changed gears, it relentless."