Speakers for HT with $150/pair budget?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by johnson, Mar 16, 2005.

1. johnson

johnson New Member

I got my subwoofer finished up and it plays awesome for movies (Donnie Darko and Finding Nemo are the only movies I have so far), but im lacking midbass I think. When I played Lloyd Banks - Im So Fly, the bass seemed really distorted. This will be for 80% HT and 20% music. Im just wanting to build two right now. Cost doesnt include enclosure materials. Any suggestions?

2. 04

04 Guest

3. johnson

johnson New Member

Wow, that's pretty damn cheap. Includes the enclosures and free shipping. What kind of things (problems?) can I expect since that kit uses unshielded stuff?

I just bought The Incredibles DVD today and the subwoofer keeps on impressing me. Im hearing things I couldnt have heard without it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  4. 04

04 Guest

Well you will want to keep them a few feet away from a crt tv or monitor, but thats about the only problem I can think of. You also wont want to put them very close to the walls in the room, since they feature a substantial amount of baffle step compensation.

If you need a shielded version, they have one for 10 dollars more: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-642

5. johnson

johnson New Member

Yeah I saw the shielded version. I dont have a TV or anything right now, just watching movies using my laptop connected to a receiver.