Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by float, Sep 14, 2003.

1. float

float New Member

I got the new OutKast album the other day. May I say this is amazing? I know I'm gonna be buying it on September 23. It's probably the best Cd(s) i've heard in a long long time. Everyone go get it (yes buy it, support the good artists).

2. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

there a couple really good tracks, but some of the songs on the andree 3000 cd are pretty lame, not my style.

hey ya is the best song, i love that shit

3. Buc City Boy

Buc City Boy Banned

Lots of weird tracks on Love Below. Speakerboxxx is tight though. I feem it isn't as good as previous Outkast albums, but that still makes it better than most.

4. float

float New Member

I don't think it can really be compared to any of their other albums given the nature of it. Andre's stuff takes a real open mind and the patience to listen to it a few times before you really like it. Big Noi's is just that pure pimp-trick-gangsta-click stuff that we've come to expect from him. Much easier to pick up and play.

5. sunsetparade

sunsetparade New Member

Outkast own. I love Hey ya.

6. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I'm quite possibly the BIGGEST OutKast fan EVER... but havn't picked this set up yet.

Is it same style as previous CDs?.. My all time favorite is ATliens..as far as I'm concerned, nothing they have done even competes on the same level as that CD..

7. Lyricoos

Lyricoos New Member

agreed. anyone got their real oldskol shit. i love that shit too. its dope

8. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

I am going to have to go against most of ya on this one. I love outkast and my fav album is ATliens too. When I played these cds in my car I was shocked. It is nothing like their other albums at all. There are a few good songs but not many. Some of it sounds like swing music to me and the rest is crap. It may be artistic which I do see but this is not the kind of outkast that most of us are used to and like. It was a waste of money for me.

9. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

the way you move is one of the singles...
    what is the otherone?
    I saw the video on MTV but didnt catch the name.

10. falcon311

falcon311 Guest

i think the speakerboxx tracks, are off the hook, andre's shit is prertty good too, not really my style either on some of the tracks, but I like how it isn't just all rap and he incorporates some other style too. all around a high class CD, I say who hasn't but it yet, is really missing out, and shouldn't delay the agony any longer, get out and get that crap, Outkast is the mad notes, for sure.

11. falcon311

falcon311 Guest

it's a good change of pace, from the traditional rap. goo switch up to incorporate different styles of music, especially on Andre's CD.