Speaker suggestions?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Skoles, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I'm going to "upgrade" from my Cambridge Soundworks 4:1 when I get my G5. The speakers still sound outstanding, but recieve interference too much (CB's, cordless phones & noise), plus I don't need the mess of cables anymore. You guys are welcome to make an offer, I forget the model but I can take pics if interested.

The speakers I'm eyeballing are:

[font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica]Harman Kardon SoundSticks II, $170 - Had a chance to listen to these and they sound amazing, although (and it might be because of what was playing) the music sounded very disconnected from the speakers themselves. The design of them is nice, even tho they look like strap-on dildo's.

[/font][font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica]JBL Creature II Speakers, $100 - Didn't get to listen to them. But I like the design & the small footprint of the speakers. Any thoughts?

Boston Acoustic speakers in general. I've had great experiences with them in the past and currently have them installed in my car (6x8 components w/separate tweeters & a 10" sub). So if there was any brand I could buy w/out needing to listen it would be these. Prices vary.

Most of the time when I go to a store to listen to the demo models none of them are installed properly or play sound.
    [/font][font=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica]
    [/font]

2. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

i own the soundsticks and they jam. have had them for approx 2 years or so when the first series came out and have been thoroughly pleased. good low end and EXTREMELY crisp highs.

HKSS have my vote :bigthumb:

3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Yea, I'm gearing towards those too. Know where I can find them cheaper (HKSSII)?

4. violator

violator New Member

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 only because it seems like speakers geared towards Mac users tend to focus more on looks than sound. I've heard both the soundsticks and creatures at the Apple store and I thought they were alright. My brother recently bought a set of Klipsch Promedia's and I was shocked that computer speakers could sound that good, and the subwoofer shook the whole house without distortion...

5. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I actually found a pair of new HKSSII through Amazon at Office Depo for $118 so I bought them.

I'm sure Mac owners do purchase on looks first. It's the image Apple sells and people want that clean, yet stylistic workarea.

6. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

my dad has those klipsch promedia 2.1s on his imac, and they are really nice. but in my personal opinion, i think the soundsticks have higher clarity than the klipsch, but the klipsch have slightly better low end.