Speak/Trunk help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kcomps, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

I'm saving up money to buy some 6"9s for my rear speaks, and for my front passenger/driver door I want to put in 6 1/2's. I was wondering what are some speaks that you recommened. I already have 2 :bigthumb:12" Kicker Comps 05's :bigthumb:with a 1200 w. amp pushing them.

I drive a 97 Nissan Altima (sedan:wtc:). I am also wondering what I should use for my trunk because the subs make my trunk rattle like a bitch (just an ugly sound to me:squint:). I have my plate down, but what do you recommened for the trunk? Dynamat?

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

dynamat is kind of spendy, its nice but im not sure if i feel safe saying its worth all the money.

I bought a 66 square foot roll from RAAMaudio for 100 bucks (good deal)

If it was me I'd use a sheet of dynaliner or tacmat to go under the sub (2 sheets might run u 100 with shipping, but if you just need a little bit of some thick sheeting for some added acoustical reinforcement one sheet might be all u really require) and and then use some basic matting or hell a gallon of liquid might do the job. I got a gallon of edead v.3 from www.edesignaudio.com all u do is paint it on, let it dry, then do another layer and so on, its like liquid latex pretty much, itll pervent a lot of stuff from rattling, as far as acoustical reinforcement ull want something like a mat with an aluminum sided sheeting.

If its anything dynamat or Stinger get it off ebay. Savings are usually around 50 percent off, try not to get fucked on shipping though, my shipping was a little more than I was expecting.

To do a full trunk I'd say it will run you anywhere from 100-200 with shipping. Depends on if you get 'just enough' or go all out.

3. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

Yeah, I can get a trunk's worth of dynamat for 100. But I'm not sure if it will do a hole trunk. My friend was able to do all of his trunk (his car is a 9? Camaro), and sounds nice!

So E-Bay would be the best for the material?

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

for dynamat yes, it comes out to be a little more expensive than other stuff but the savings are big off retail. Dynamat is a solid buy

5. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

Ok, do you have any recommendations for speaks!? I need 6'9's and 6's.

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

id say get fitment plates and turn those 6x9s into 6.5s, and wut is ur budget for speakers anyway?

7. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

my budget for speaks, I would probably around 600+. I want a good system for my car so the budget isn't really a big problem. Hit me up with what you got in mind.

8. Ronin

Ronin Guest