Spa Treatments? v,giftideas

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by giz, Dec 7, 2008.

1. giz

giz Active Member

As a Christmas gift idea, I've been thinking of picking up a certificate for some kind of spa treatment, either pedi/mani, facial, or massage. I'm interested in hearing what the women of the vag would prefer. :x:

I was going to do the standard pedi/manicure because she has mentioned having a pedicure done before, but after reading about facials they seem like they would be pretty relaxing (http://azuredayspa.net/services/ - prob where I would go, best reviews in Salt Lake)

She leaves for a week long caribbean cruise the day after Christmas so I'm trying to think of ways she could look and feel her best for that too. She leaves town a week before that, so I guess only the pedi/mani would survive until then.

Idk... I want her to feel pampered. I'm leaning towards facial but I have no idea. Help? :hsd:

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

i'm not a spa person, but if she is, do it?

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

i've never had a facial but i have always been told not to have a facial done like 48 hours before a big event because your face will be red and kinda painful after a facial.

mani/pedi would be good - even look for a spa that will do a a body treatment where they will apply a really good self tanner (they use a scrub before tanning).. they usually come with a massage of some sort

4. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

usually spas just sell gift certificates in dollar amounts so she can choose what she wants. never seen one selling certificates for specific treatments.

5. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

I'd say your best bet is a massage/mani/pedi or some combination of those.

Facials can be tricky, unless you KNOW she likes them, I wouldn't recommend them. Depending on how sensitive people's skin is, it can actually do more harm than good/make them break out/etc. Just my two cents. I know I can't get facials :dunno:

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I was actually thinking last night how great a mani/pedi would be as a XMas gift. :run:

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I love mani/pedi days. Always feel so pretty after. <3 I think its a great idea!

8. giz

giz Active Member

awesome, thanks so much! :)

Sounds like mani/pedi is the way to go.

9. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:wiggle: i'm a huuuuge spa girl. i love it all!

i get mani/pedi's, but i also love facials. the place i go to is amazing. during the facial, they not only massage your face/head/neck but your arms/feet, too. :bowdown:

a lot of girls get facials to help with skin issues, etc, but i merely go for the relaxation and for a treat for myself. :) it's not that often, but it's definitely a piece of heaven.

10. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

someone gave me a mani/pedi treatment for a salon, and i ended up giving it away. i'd opt either for a dollar amount package, or massage, but depends on what your girl wants

i find massages are much more relaxing than mani/pedi...i think that's the whole idea behind going to a spa

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i agree with you... i would definitely go for a dollar amount unless you know what she specifically likes.

why the hell don't you do a couples massage? :naughty: i'd definitely be down for that! it's a great idea, and it's romantic.