sp2 LAN problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Oct 25, 2004.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ok so i have sp2 on a laptop and its screwing up the LAN. i can't make connection with the router, so i have to plug my modem directly to my laptop, its stupid. everytime i try to make a connection im given a "Limited or no connectivity" status. ive read up on this and theres a fix from MS and a Registry Edit trick that can be done, but neither helped me. i still have that dumb limited connection. ive restarted a bajilion times, turned the modem on and off, as well as the router, tried to renew the IP, etc etc i dunno what else to do... help?

2. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

You might try uninstalling your wireless card driver, and reinstall it. And if all else failes, you might have to just restore your computer back to a date when you didn't have the SP2 installed :dunno:

3. neonwheels

neonwheels New Member

Definitely try and uninstall the wireless driver. That or if you can get your hands on another wireless card (PCMCIA) give it a try and see if it works then. Could turn out to not be the card.

A while back when I was on a job I got that same message, I have been able to connect to every other network I've ever been around before that and since then... It was pretty weird.