SP-1 gloves any good?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Eight Cylenders, Jul 21, 2004.

1. hello all, im interested in buying some decent gloves for ymself.

ive read some reviews saying that the Alpinestars SP-1 gloves are bad in quality, things like stitching, the velcro, and such arent good. Anyone want to comment?

What other gloves are a good value (im not spending more than $90)?

thanks

2. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

Get the Alpinestar GP Plus gloves ... double and triple stiching, carbon fiber knuckles ... best gloves i've worn!

can you put a price on safety?

3. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

You can find Teknic Violator Pro gloves on clearance for less than 80 bucks. Good gloves...

4. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

Go to the brick & mortar motorcycle stores if you can and have a salesperson help you try on gloves. Find out the exact manufacturer/style/size you want, then walk out and go buy that shit cheaper online. :bigok:

Don't go the cheap route and then regret it later. If you can't spend the money on the good stuff now wait a little longer, then buy what you want instead of what you can afford.

5. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

at my local cyclegear they're going for 49.99.

i have the gp plus gloves and they are really nice. some would say a little too much for just commuting and stuff, but it's okay. i know if i go down, my hands should be protected.

6. i decided to get teknic lightning pro gloves. theyre $80 and they look like theyre very protective.

7. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

I have a pair of the teknic violator pros and the A* air carbons. Both are great gloves, but the A* is better for the summer riding when it's hot out.