Soy Protein - Exactly how bad is it?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by andrey, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrey

andrey New Member

I'd always heard that it messes with your hormones - particularly increasing estrogen, and have tended to avoid it.

However, I'm beginning to rethink soy after reading the China Study. It seems that unlike animal (egg, dairy, meat) protein, Soy protein has not been shown in clinical studies to promote cancer, whereas animal protein has.

So, has soy actually been proven to increase estrogen levels in men?

2. hellsing

hellsing Member

picture being fucked in the ass by a horse...now multiply that "sensation" by 3...
    THAT is how bad soy is for ya

3. solarian

solarian ya heard

i rather have a chance of getting cancer even though i probably wont, because you know, humans have been consuming animals since FOREVER

4. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

LOL v.chinastudy crew.

I started taking soy protein a few years ago in light of lower cholesterol also they have an unflavored you can throw in with ANYTHING and it hides amazingly. I like it alot better than normal whey. I have no problems at all with harmone levels.

btw china study = epic book. Really scares you esp when you check into everything he says and you realize all his referances and research is more legit than half of the American (name) Society... also really gives you insight into our food politics.

I can't even drink normal whey anymore after switching to soy... better taste, less gas (fucking whey made me a nasty fucker), no cholesterol, and lesser chance of cancer (as per Dr Cambell :) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.