Souveran Durability: 2005 BMW 525i

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Dec 16, 2007.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

This is a vehicle that I have maintained for the last 8 months since it's initial detail here....
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/5489-detailed-2005-bmw-525i.html
    I see it bi-weekly and it has been washed everytime with NXT Tech wash. It had a second coat of Souveran after a wash about 4 months ago. So, that's two coats about 4 months apart with a total of 16 washes. Pretty good durability for a paste wax in my opinion.

Here are some of the pictures of this mini-detail....

At arrival:
    It's been two weeks since my last visit and the customers were gone on the road for the Thanksgiving holiday. Lots of road grime and the famous BMW brake dust!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After a an application of Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and an NXT bath, I decide to shoot some pics of the beading that shows some nice protection still.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dried it with a Guzzler and done the interior while it finished drying. With the UDM, I prepped the surface for a new coat of Souveran. I used Poorboy's Polish with Sealant this time to clean the paint. I love the finish it leaves also along with it's added protection. I used a blue LC CCS pad and when I was done with the paint, I removed the pad and sealed the wheels. Finally, out came the Souveran. I applied a thin layer with a Wolfgang applicator pad.......black foam side. I did one panel and then removed promptly.

Here's the finished results........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Love their house. What did you charge? Is Megs NXT the only wash you use and why? I never liked PS on silvers, always liked Wolfgang or Zaino better. Sure looks we though! Nothing like the satisfaction of a job like that.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Nice work as always, Justin. :)

Souveran has decent durability but I find the killer appearance doesn't last as long as the beading. Still looks good, but the 'shimmer' seems to go away after 6-8 weeks. Thoughts?

4. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Yeah the glass-like looks go away in about 4-6 weeks. The slickness last pretty decent though Scott. These pics were taken to show more of the appearance than just beading........not a big indicator to me on durability.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

It's just a really good wash for the money. Smells the best too! Suds last forever and I can adjust the dilution ratios for the conditions of the vehicles. This was an experiment with Souveran. I really like using it on bright colors but just wanted to see it on this unique color. I don't do many like this.

Thanks Paulie!
    Your NXT will go out tomorrow!

6. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

nice work but thats not an 05 :) 04 was the first yr of the e60 bodystyle that is an e39 and from the looks of it seems like an 03 :)

7. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Very nice Justin as usual. On colors like that I really like 4 Star UPP. Gives silver and bluish and greenish silver a pop especially with the metallic flake!
    I definitely love using Souveran though.

8. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Well thank you. You know your stuff......I do not.

LOL!

9. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

i felt it was my duty as an e39 owner to correct your anomaly my friend :)