SoundStream refrence 500

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dj1298, Dec 30, 2003.

1. dj1298

dj1298 New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    I have a Sound Stream Refrence 500 amp. Anyone got real specs on this amp? I have had it for several years and it has been VERY solid.Never gets hot or shuts off ever.

Right now I have it pushing one DVC 2ohm Planel Audio 12" in a slot port box. They sub is wired down to 1ohm. I can only turn the amp up about 40% because it over powers the mids and highs. I had no idea this set up would sound this loud in a hatchback GTI 337.

Thanks for the input.

2. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

May 17, 2000
    I have a Ref. 500 too, and a Ref. 300.... great amps. I have yet to overheat mine and they preform flawlessly. Tons of clean power. Mine came with my car too, so who knows how old they are or what kind of abuse they've taken and lived through... but when I bought that car the 300 was powering 2 sets of MB Quart components, and the 500 was on 4 10" Kicker Comp subs... sounded amazing. :bowdown:

...I don't know the specs either tho, sorry... look on Soundstreams' website, I believe they have info and possibly the manuals for their older models avalible... if not, try emailing them and asking.