Sound/Speaker Issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bear Klaw, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

For the past few weeks, I have had an odd and never before seen issue. When my system is up for a few days, My speakers get static/crackeling when sound plays out of them. Wav, MP3, video game, or movie it does'nt matter. After a few days, I get this crackel randomly when playing music or whatever. I have not updated drivers or installed anything recently, and when i reboot, it will be gone, but comes back within a few days. Any ideas?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Have you checked to be sure it's not volume related?? You may have "blown" your speakers.

3. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

It is windows. When i watch a dvd movie on my dvd player, I have my dvd sound coming though my computer and out my speakers. I do not get that static. also, It is gone when I reboot and comes back within a few days. It sounds like my computer is sluggish when processing the sounds.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

In other words...no you haven't done any checking to see if it's related to the volume and instead formulated a hypothesis. You then discount a different proposed hypothesis because it doesn't match your earlier proposed hypothesis. :coolugh:

5. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

What cpu are you running. A slow computer will do what you're describing, but it would have to be fairly old.

When you turn the volume knob back and forth on the speakers, do you get any static?

6. Sublimeone123

Sublimeone123 New Member

Is there a cellphone you use around the speakers or any other wireless device . Sometimes radiowaves can interfere with speakers.

7. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

no i have a fast computer, this has not happened when i first built it.

8. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

i know, this is a different noise

9. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest