Sound problem.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kendan, Jul 31, 2009.

1. kendan

kendan New Member

My computer has no sound. All the the drivers work properly everything is enabled and the computer plays the music it just produces no sound. I have hooked up some headphones to it and still no sound. Nothing is muted or turned off, also the sound is enabled in the bios. What else could be the problem. This is integrated btw.

2. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

plays music? I take it you have no Windows sounds/events that what you mean ?

3. kendan

kendan New Member

No, I mean the wmp plays the music but there's no sound. I know that the problem has to be with the onboard sound but all the drivers are fine and there are no yellow question marks or anything next to any of the sound devices. Could it be that the jack is not working right?

4. kendan

kendan New Member

Also I have a sound card plugged in but the computer doesn't recognize it at all.

5. kendan

kendan New Member

fuuuuu

6. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

go into the device manager, uninstall your sound and reboot your system let it re-detect everything and go from there. If it asks for drivers, ignore it for now go to windows update, run a custom update and your sound drivers should show up in there (hardware section)

Far as a seperate sound card if its installed and it doesnt show up in the device manager even as an unknown device then plug n play options are not working, wrong drivers or the card is bad

7. kendan

kendan New Member

I unistalled it and rebooted it and it is all detected and working properly but there is still no sound. I'm guessing a new sound would fix this? or am I over looking something. I have all the motherboard chipset drivers updated as well.

8. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Try another plug mono and stereo or headphones, change your output from 5.1 to stereo, or to mono. Try another jack. Exhaust these and see what happens

9. kendan

kendan New Member

I have tried everything there is to try.