Sound problem while playing game

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MP, Dec 28, 2002.

1. MP

MP New Member

When i am playing unreal tourny 2003 the sound will stop working for any given amount of time then all of a sudden BLAST back in for any given amount of time. I have no idea why it's doing this. The sound works just fine playing music, and for everything else...it only happens while i'm playing the game.

ps. if it help I have onboard sound card and just started happening after i installed the 9700 pro radeon card.

Could it be a power issue? (2hds, 1cdrom, 1 Adrive, 4 chassis fans, video card) on a 420w power supply. I dunno if that would affect it in any way.

thanks

matt

2. MP

MP New Member

n/m i fixed it :)

3. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

What was the fix? I get that with some games. But unlike a total silencing effect, I'll have garggled static sound.

4. MP

MP New Member

it happend right after i installed the 9700 pro video card which was really wierd. At first i thought one of the video card drivers may have overwritten a sound card one, or the IRQ ports may have been the same or the memory range. Wasn't any of those.

First thing i did was give each hardware piece it's own power strand. One strand for cd-rom, one strand for fans, one strand for HD's stuff like that. That fixed the sound from cutting out but it was really crackly/gargley(sp) n'shit.

Then i just uninstalled my sound card software and reinstalled it using the software that came with the mobo and now it works just fine. I must have had some sore of currupt software file or something.

hope that helps *shrug*

5. MP

MP New Member

fucking shit!!!! I didn't fix it. The sound was working good for a while but it just went out on me during a game.

fucking shit fuck fuck. I may just go down and buy a nice lil sound card. I hate when mobo's come with onboard sound/ethernet etc etc.