Sound is going out on my uncles 96 blazer on the passenger side..Need suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StealthMode, Jan 30, 2005.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

On my uncles 96 Blazer the sound is going out on the passenger side, front an rear speakers. He replaced the radio with an Alpine CDA-9826, but still has the problem. He thought maybe the speaker was blown, so today we tried hooking up a new speaker on the front passenger door, and it still isn't working. The sound sounds small, almost tinny. Like there is no body to it.

Is there some sort of amp, or something between the HU and the speakers? I'm stumped... Possibly bad wiring? No clue here. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks.

2. cassetti

cassetti New Member

hmm - is there tweeters up in the dash? if so ya have a componet stock system - i have torn up my 98 blazer and my bro's 97 blazer, put a complete systtem in mine - all unique stuff - rare subs, ect - i have yet to find the stock crossover for the woofers ( i found the crossovers for the tweeters though)

- it sounds like short in wire - or really loose connection - best bet is to do it the right way: run new wires

its not that hard - just pull the accordian arm loose in the door jamb - and ya can run wires easily

3. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

How hard is it to run wire behind the dash up to the cd player?

4. cassetti

cassetti New Member

honestly - not that hard at all

all you need to do - is drop the panel under the driver's side

and for the passenger side - all ya need to do - is open the glove compartment - and take it out - or if like mine - find the secret bar that you press up on when you got the glove box open - to make it fall completely down - allowing you to get access to the entire section on the passenger side behind the dash (its tight - but very easy to get an arm in there)