Sound Deadening Materials

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jabberwocky, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky 06 08 33 35 36

I'm looking to get my car a quieter on the inside, and was wondering about Dynamat, B-Quiet, or other sound deadening sheets. How effective are they? Are there cheaper, equally good replacements I can get?

2. totaly

totaly Guest

I thought Dynamat was only suppose to reduce the rattling that happens from the bass

3. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

no what they do is the make a panel dead which makes them not vibrate and also stops alot of sound

in all honesty just buy what you can afford

they can be very effective depending on how well you use them

4. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I used L-mat on my car.

but in all reality they are all 99% the same. just get whatever you think is a good value, because you will notice no differnce between any of them.

5. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

You might be able to find a product called Peal and Seal in the roofing department in your local Lowes or Home Depot which works pretty well.

Also heard good things about this stuff although I've never used it. http://www.raamaudio.com/products.htm

6. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

Rammatt has had great reviews its good stuff

7. Grouch

Grouch Guest

rammtt is good stuff and VERY sticky.

but personally i go far what ever give the best $ per foot or if you can tell weight ratio.

after all its massloading so the heavyer the better.

8. Lil'Shtinka

Lil'Shtinka Guest

You can get dynamat for $1 per square foot from mcmaster.com, and industrial supply company. The real name for dynamat is "hi-temp mastic", and the stuff from mcmaster.com is 100% identical just without the dynamat logo. I've bought from them before and they are legit. 60 square feet for $60, enough to do my entire hatch double layer.

9. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

Would you say that dynamat equilivant is like dyna mat original or extreme?

10. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

I have a roll of Raamatt in my car, that stuff works EXCELLENT. The best thing about it is absolutely how easy it is to apply. No more heat gun, etc etc. Just peel it and put it on. It's sticky as hell.

Bad thing is, once you put it on, don't expect to take it off (except with insane amounts of effort)

Dan

11. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

cool thanks. The place that sells raammat isn't too far away from my house, so I am considering them as well.