sound deadening doors ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tommyortom, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i bouight this roll of sound deadener of parts express..its just like a adhesive sheet of rubber stuff...anyways..im gonna apply it to the doors of my blazer....when i went to do it, there was a foam layer of stuff in there and i just ripped it out....will i need to put it back in or is it useless...or is it just gonna be the same now that i am putting in this stuff i bought.....im also thinking of spray rubberized undercoating on the inside of the actual door panel and on top of the sound deadener im going to stick on...will that even help at all?

2. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

dunno about the foam layer, but the rubberized undercoating over the sheets will help the sheets stick to the door better, but dont spray it on the door where you plan on putting the sheets. it probably wont stick as well as clean metal. i recommend you get a heat gun (blow dryer might work) and a roller (either a wooden roller that dynomat sells or a plastic wallpaper seam roller which some say is just as good and only like $3 at any hardware store), it'll make the sheets more workable and stick better. you could also spray some 3M adhesive spray where you apply the sheets.