A&P Sorta decided on N75....good bargain new?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eighteen_psi, Nov 27, 2003.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Looking at the feature comparisons between the N75 and N80 I see nothing that will bother me not having...and the price difference is substantial (since the N75 comes with a lens for basically $100 less than the N80 body alone).

I've seen a bunch of both floating around ebay and what not but I'd really prefer a new camera if I can afford it. At this point its looking like New N75 or used N80...thoughts?

How is the lens that comes with the N75? Good to get started with or is there some feature I'll be kicking myself in the ass over later?

Also, the camera will probably be replaced by a DSLR in a year or two anyway once I'm done with school. :)

Any recommendations for a REASONABLY priced tele lens for either?

2. eighteen_psi

I've been looking around and since noticed how slow the stock lens is...and plastic mount and what not. The speed is of concern because it means its nearly useless to me for much of my desired shooting...perhaps I can't afford to go new after all.

Anyone have an N80/fast 50mm setup they'd part with?

3. Your Own Disaster

Your Own Disaster New Member

I recently bought an n-75, and I love it. It is a great camera. I got a 28-90mm wide angle, and 70-300mm tele Sigma Lense kit. It is awesome. Very fast quiet auto focus. Easier than any camera ive used. Packed full of features. I can really tell the difference with this camera from my old Canon AE-1. I say go for it.

4. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

stay away from the n-75... save and get the n-80, its leaps and bounds better.

check out what others have to say on www.iphotoforum.com - comes up pretty often there.

your own disaster - the 28-90 lens is not a wide angle, and yes for the money those sigma packages are nice, but they also have a fair amount of barrel distortion and are not fast enough for most practical applications.

my advise as far as lenses go - buy what you need for what you want to acomplish

5. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

i have a black body F80 (same camera) w/ an 1.8 50mm lens...

interested?

6. eighteen_psi

After much waffling I actually bought an EOS A2E (5) locally used cause nothing new in the price range seemed to a powerful enough piece of hardware for me. Thanks for the offer though...I may have done it a couple weeks ago.