TAT Sorry! Need info/opinions on an artist!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by beebee, Jan 18, 2009.

1. beebee

beebee New Member

I know this probably doesn't warrant a thread, but im looking for help from a few people here, so instead of sending out multiple PM's, i'm hoping a thread might reap more responses/help/punches in the head (i've gone insane to tell you the truth)

So there's a tattoo expo here in Sydney in early March, and i've fallen in love with a part of an artists' previous piece of work

Tommy Helm from Empire State Studio
    http://www.empirestatestudios.com/index.php?loc=artist&artistID=1

anyone heard of/seen/know anything more about him than what's on his website? I've shot him an email, breifly explaining what i want and asking if he can give me a ball park figure or anything, but would like the opinions/knowledge of you lovely OT'ers as well :x:

Exhibit A Your Honour:
    [​IMG]

the leaf work i've fallen in love with. the idea i've had in my head for a couple of years now for a tattoo has some of this style of leaves in it, and i've had a hard time finding an artist with examples of this sort of thing in their portfolios. When i saw this pic i almost stopped stopped breathing :)slap:) it is this style/sort of detail that i wanted to have in the leaves...

Exhibit B Your Honour:
    [​IMG]

im looking at this kind of detail/style overall, except there's no detail that's as intricate as feathers (unless he wants to), colour and im hoping to get it about 10x8" maybe....

enough rambling, help/opinions anyone?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. audrey

audrey New Member

How can I possible focus on work when I'll I can think about is getting tattooed at the tattoo expo!!!!

3. beebee

beebee New Member

Well, i dont rightly know. But you've got almost exactly 9.5 hours to get your brain in working order m'dear :p

4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

I'm pretty sure he was at the Austin tattoo convention. He's solid.

5. beebee

beebee New Member

no idea/guesses on what he charges/h? do artists charge about the same out on the road as they would in the shop? i sent an email but still haven't heard back from him yet... :(

BUTTONS!! c'monnnnn you have to know something??? :hyper:

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Most artists charge the same when travelling to conventions. I've even seen some throw down a bit of a deal at conventions. :dunno: I've seen some of his stuff on various websites but don't really know much of him.