MIL Sorry Keesler, I don't miss you.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Jul 3, 2006.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Yes you have beaches but they look like shit (thanks to Katrina, I assume). Only about 1 out of every 300 women is not unattractive. Plus the water is brown and smells funny. The BX is a joke, as is the commessary -- and both of their prices are inflated compared to other AAFES, etc facilities.

Back here at lovely Scott AFB, the milk is less than 1/2 the price it is at Keesler. The facilities are better. The cops don't ticket you for goin 25.5 in a 25. Not that the women are any better here, but I'm married it doesn't really matter.

I will say, the pool is cheaper to get into at Keesler.

Let me know when its fixed up and AAFES isn't being gay down there. However being in Illinois, there is no such thing as the second amendment, they ignore it. Maybe I'll PCS to Keesler someday. But then I'd be at an AETC base again - that would be punishment.

2. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

the 2nd amendment limitation doesn't seem to bother me :mamoru:

3. ManinCamo

Florida...

:jealous:

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

The bx and commissary are a joke because the originals were flooded with over 8' of water. They planned to build a temporary one in the lemon lot, slated it to cost 3.5 mil, and contract bids came in at 5 mil. Cough up the extra 1.5 mil and we could get a decent BX.

As for the beaches, Katrina only put the debris where it is, the actual beaches and brown water were there way before Katrina.

5. ManinCamo

Yay, brown water that smells funny

I think it sucks that things to keep take care of the troops, like a decent BX, are non-existant. It should be one of the top 1/3 priorities after basic functions are taken care of. OF course, i did hear the base was only 40% functional. seemed to be more than that though.

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

They are going to put one in where the temp comissary is now, they just have to demo the old one to make room for another temp, and then start construction on the new one. I will be gone by the time it is completed.

7. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

ummm yea.