Sooooo...what does everyone think a good price on a used 03 R6 is?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MWHC22, Aug 9, 2004.

1. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

Im thinkin of selling my six soon becasue i need a new car and student loans will prolly start soming due soon as well.

what is the going price for a used 03' R6....about 2000 miles on her.

ive been offered like $5500 but shit..... it cost $9,300 about with sliders, 5 year warranty full 500 mile service, and stand alone theft insurance policy.
    whoever buys my bike gets all that with it.

so how the shit is $5,500 a good price for a 1.5 year old bike package that cost $9,000? I know they don't depreciate that fast. Im still seeing 02's that are going for not much less than that...and they aren't feul injected or any of the cool new design improvments.

:confused:

2. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Blue or silver? The silvers seem to be going for a bit more.

Depending on your market conditions, I would think you'd be able to get $6,500 or so for that bike.

3. bagged

bagged monsta truck

around here you could easily get $6k

4. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

$5,500 seems to be a low ball price. You should atleast expect around $7000 for your 2003 bike.

5. oakie

oakie my ninja.

you can buy a brand new 04 for about $7k. MSRP is only $7999

6. MWHC22

where the shit are you finding 04 R6's for $7k out the door?....and where are you going to find an 03 R6 with 2000 miles...sliders, full extended warranty, and a $5000 stand alone theft insurance policy for less than $7k? hell where the hell are you going to find an 04 with all that crap for less than $9000...even with the benefit of the doubt lets say an 04 with all that crap for $8250?....im still saving them $2k at least buy selling them a bike that does the same thing as an 04 thats got only 2000 miles on it. 2000 miles....do you have any idea how low that is...im almost ashamed to tell people my milage its so damn low. my roomate bought a bike about 3 months before me....hes got over 10k miles on it already. which is slightly over average...but not too much. :dunno:

7. Drpotato46

Drpotato46 Guest

I just went to the dealership to look at 04' r6 and i talked the salesman down to 8,000. I think 5,500 is a little low, i would try and shoot for like 6,500-7000 if i were you

8. MWHC22

yeah.... im trying to get liike $6500 for her... but for some reason everyone thinks its too high. I had one offer for $6000 but it was my first offer back in april....and i figured i could get a little more.

hell if i can't get a little more i might as well have taken him up on the 6k...its cost me the difference in insurance between april and now... so even if i sell it at 6.5k tomorrow....i won't be any farther ahead.

yeah... dealers are givng people some places ive heard for about $8000 or a touch under out the door. but the average good deal during 03 and now for 04's is about $8000 to 8.3k outh the door depending on where your at. so im not really sure why someone would think that $5500 is a reasonable offer on somehting that would cost them like 3k more to buy new.

9. oakie

oakie my ninja.

because your bike with 2000 miles is NOT new. no one pays a new price for a used bike, unless you like chasing turnip trucks.

10. MWHC22

nope... i do know why people think its a good offer... cuz there are dumb shits like you out there.....

do you seriously think that $5500 is a good price on a bike with 2000 miles, sliders, extenended warranty, and stand alone $5k theft protection polociy?!?!?!?!

what if i went and bought an 04 for $9k+ with all the crap i mentioned with my bike....drove it for 2k miles in the next 2 weeks and then tried to sell it.
    would you say it is only worht $5500 as well?...well i suppose you should at least say $6k since it is an 04 and not an 03.

if you do... :slap:

the answer is no... you wouldn't... a bike won't depreciate $3k in under a month....and is sure as fuck won't in a year and a half... maybe over 2 or 3 years.if the bike was worth like $30k retail then maybe i can see that.... but you buy a car for 20k and it will go for like 17ish after a year and a half.... but it started at 20k...not 9k. plus... its not like R6's are not popular and hard to sell.....there all over the place... people buy them and sell them all the time... its a popular bike....especially the 03's and 04's with the new designs.

why would it make sense to offer $5,500 for a used bike and use the excuse that it has 2000 miles on it and its not brand new to justify the 5.5k offer?

if you think that you can save 3k+ on a bike becasue its not new then maybe you shouldn't be riding a sport bike anyway becasue if you are that cheap...... you can't afford to pay for the gear to ride it without dieing if when you end up laying her down.

if you are looking at used bikes....then you shouldn't be saying its not new as an excuse so I should save 3k+ on it. 2000k miles = damn good deal for what im asking since most guys are selling for about $6000 with like 10k+ on them.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  11. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

a good friend of mine paid 6500 for 03 R6 with 700miles slvr/blk. he bougth it from a local dealer.

12. penfold

penfold New Member

$6500 is to high especially with the 05's out now. alot of people are ditching their 03-04's for the 05 so there are alot of them on the market right now. I have a bunch of goodies on my bike and I think i'd have a hard time getting that much for mine.

13. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

You got fucking RAPED without vaseline.. god damn, I only paid $7600 for my 04 R6, that's not including $350 for paper work and all the other shit. I didn't go with warranty I figured I would only keep it for 2 years at the most...

14. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

no one keeps a bike for five years... I think.