Soo...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Biskit, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

I have had Fitday for about 2 or 3 weeks now and this is what I have thus far:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/User0012/odd1.jpg

I'm 6'5 235lbs last time I weighed myself.

Was told to eat about 500-1000 calories less a day. So I went through the steps on fitday and it said I should eat no more than 2500 Cals a day. I have been pretty good about this.

Now, I have a pretty hectick (spelling??) scheduel. I usually get up at 5 and leave the house by 6, get home at like noon, workout then college and then workout then I go to work, now could not eating enough be a problem?

I have been working out everyday (5 days a week with weekends off) since the 15th of January.

I don't really see THAT big of a difference in my weight loss or any at all I do however see a HUGE increase in streghth. (Not that it was much but I have lifted things I thought I would never get to).

So what gives OT, I have followed the stickies around here and the chubs still there!

Only thing I could think of is increase my cardio or eat less carbs or both?

2. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

it takes time... what does the mirror tell you? Weight is just a number... unless you are competing in a sport that requires you be a certain weight its not a big deal what the scale says. Hell even if you do need to "make weight" if you're within 5-7lbs its not an issue if you are careful the few days before weigh in.

3. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

Dont see much diff in the mirror, id post picks but im too ashamed of this fat!

4. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

you don;t need to eat less thats for sure..
    what exactly do you do while working out?

5. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

Static Bike for half an hour on 200 Watts keeping it at about 125+ RPM's.
    Then I run at 6-8mphs for about 15 minutes. (I go up and down depending on how tired I feel, I try to increase the time I run at a high speed each day).

Then I do upper body workout that one of my broly friends (am I using it in correct terms here??) gave me and I alternate between upper and lower body. I do Mon-Fri (I should rest on weds?) and take weekends off.

I have reduced my drinking significantly, last weekend was the first time I had a beer since New Years.

To be fair to myself, I have been following this routine for 1 month now, 2 months on the 15th coming up because I start mid January. I think I'm just paranoid, even tho I have read countless times and have been told it will take awhile before I see results. I'm in no rush anyways, just want to get in good shape by the time I go back home to Cuba to visit so I have about 5-6 months.

Just coming on here to vent cause I know most of you guys have gone through this.

6. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

you cant have THAT much fat... i was 6'5 248 at the beginning of january, and i would have posted picture, i mean i was fat, but not fat looking (with a shirt on people told me i needed to put on weight :wtc:)
    just post a pic

7. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

we shall see after the end of march!

8. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

just post a pic... nobody gives a shit how fat you are.. plus it helps us figure out where you're at.

9. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Give it time and ignore the scale for now. 3 weeks isn't enough to make a noticable difference in your appearance; especially if you're as heavy as you claim. Weighing yourself can be pretty inaccurate because of noob gains.

Good job on keeping track with FitDay, it helps a shit-ton.

Be SURE to keep a photo record. After several months and 30 pounds or so, looking in the mirror i thought I looked the same. Comparing before and after pictures told the real story. 20 pounds after that I thought my appearance hadn't changed. Again the pictures proved me wrong.

A good indicator of progress is how loose your pants are, or having to buy a new belt. That shit is cool :o

Now post a pic.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  10. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

11. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

progress for sure

12. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

serious???!!!

:hsd:

13. Perkwunos

either youa re eating more than you are putting down, or your routine is complete garbage

14. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

I'm gonna have to go with a Garbage routine.

I run, I bike and I lift weights =/.

PS:

That 1st picture wasnt a progress picture it was just what I started at.

What should I do, add more cardio to my routines?

I have been cutting down on what I eat a lot, I have also stopped eating out.

I live at home so I eat what my mother cooks but she is concious of the fact that I am trying to get a diet going on here.

If anything, when I keep track of my food I put in a little more than what I actually ate.

Any tips on eating would be appreciated, I have read the stickies and try to follow them as best as I can.

15. Perkwunos

how are yuou lifting? also get that fitday pic working

16. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=odd1vb2.jpg

I'll post the routine I have once I get back, just gotta a phone call and I have to head out.

But basically I will do upper body Mondays, Tuesdays lower, Wed Upper, ect..

17. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

I think it could also be that I am not getting enough sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.