Sony Wega XBR Problem! KDF-70XBR950 PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bakushan, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Bakushan

Bakushan New Member

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Hey,

I have just purchased my brand new KDF-70XBR950. I forked over SEVERAL thousand dollars (more than 7) cash to buy this thing. I was under the impression that this was the best LCD TV that you could buy from sony..

I have had it in my house for EXACTLY 3 days. It will not work. It wont come on. I press the power button, and after blinking green on and off, it will blink red 5 times in a row, a silence, and then 5 times in a row again.

The TV has been working GREAT for the last 3 days, and now it does this? What the hell is the deal. It should not be having a single problem this early in the process. I cannot believe that this is happening to me. I have been saving for years for the ultimate television, and now I cant even get my grand turismo fix..

Please help. I know I can call a tech to come and fix it for free, but then I have to wait. Having just paid $7000.00+ 3 days ago, should I be having to wait to watch my own damn television? What can I do?

I have tried un plugging it for 30 seconds, one minute, 5 minutes, and 30 minutes. Nothing works. It does the same thing. It wont come on. No sound, no picture, no anything.

Please help, anyone.
    [/font]

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

that's why you dont buy from sony. i suggest returning it and getting something from say Mitsubishi.

3. Bakushan

Bakushan New Member

sony dosent offer a 70''. DLP dosent impress me.

4. 04

04 Guest

Bakushan, have you contacted the dealer and/or Sony? The unit should have at least a 1 year warranty (hopefully longer)

5. Bakushan

Bakushan New Member

Yeah,

I bought a 5 year extended warranty, and it comes with a 1 year sony warranty.

I just wanted to know if this was a common problem, or what. I have already arrancged for them to replace the unit this afternoon. They should be here in a few hours. Still, im irritated that this happenend so soon after the purchase.

6. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

Welcome to Sony products. :mamoru: They're getting to be as unreliable as Samsung's DLP's were a couple years ago.

7. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

Not sure what it is you're expecting (and I honestly never understood threads like this) you paid for a warranty and on top of that an extended warranty, now use it and get your equipment fixed.

8. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

You could have got that for ~$6k from Great Indoors at Alpha and the Tollroad.

I went with the Mitsu Diamon 62825 instead of that TV.