SONY WEGA Televisions.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JazzHound, May 14, 2002.

1. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Your general thoughts on these? I know a guy who said his friends has had bad luck with SONY having virtually every SONY product he's ever purchased go awry on him time and time again. The WEGA has been getting good reviews from people on this site from the past so I'm inclined to think they're good products. Recently I saw a ad fro a 27" For $900 (Cnd dollars) and thought it was a great deal. Almost bought it, but cautioned against it. I might buy one in the future, but really wanted to know if they're all that and more?

I'll likely pick up a 32" - 36" though.

Thoughts?

Please name some of it's competitors if you can; I'm up for suggestions if there are others that offer a better deal.

2. SONICFLUX

SONICFLUX Guest

re

yes, WEGA's are verrrrrrrry nice tv's, picture is f@#king fantastic. I own a 36' Wega XBR, usually Sony has really good home audio/and theater equipment, they suck in car stereo lol

3. Lempdoe

Lempdoe gettin while the gettin's good

I have a 20" Wega, and its a magnificent TV. Excellent picture, awesome color :bigthumb:

And its silver, so it looks pretty trick ;)

4. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I too have a 36" WEGA. I think you should wait a couple of years and score an HD. They will be much cheaper soon.

The WEGA looks great, really great, but I don't know if it is worth tha much more money as opposed to the trinitron. I bought it because I must have the absolute best. Look at em next to each other and decide.

GT3 does look really fuckin good on it.

5. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

I'd agree. I have never seen anything match or out-do the crisp flawless picture image of HDTV's, not even close! But I'm not going to spend a shitload of money on something that's hardly even made a dent in the market. i.e scarse support in programming.

I had a Trinitron PnP for awhile and they are pretty nice (picture wise) but like you I'm also drawn to the exterior appearance as well as the picture/internal quality. WEGA's look sweet on the outside, I wonder if it's the same internals as the Trinitrons internally in which case, I'm going to have to weigh the price difference.