Sony Vaio P w/ windows 7....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Nov 6, 2009.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

whatchu think?

i read reviews, and they were mostly positive about the hardware, except for vista slowing things down. this is pretty much the same complaint that all reviews of netbooks running vista had, and they all say that things run way better on 7.

i'm considering one as a present for my girlfriend - she needs a netbook that fits in her bag, and the Vaio P would really be the perfect size.

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Vista doesn't slow anything down if you aren't stupid...

In fact it probably would run faster with vista correctly configured for the hardware resources of the laptop due to the improvement in the memory management over XP.

But anyways if you can put 7 on it then do that, as it would be even better.

3. gui3

well that's what's happening - the new versions of the computer are coming out now, and they have W7.

i really wouldn't want to be running XP at this point.

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Oh, so this one you are considering buying comes with 7? Then what were you talking about vista?

Yeah, I didn't say you should, I said vista configured properly for the type of hardware its on will perform better than XP, and 7 will perform even better than vista.

5. gui3

i said that the initial reviews of the Vaio P running Vista were happy with the hardware but said that all the bloatware + Vista were making it run badly.

so now, it's similar / same hardware with win 7, which i'm sure will run much better. i saw a few youtube vids of people who had it installed, and the general feeling was that Win7 made it run much smoother.

the question was whether there are any other netbooks around this size that could work, or whether the Vaio P is a good enough option.

the EEE / Aspire / Mini10v are all too big