A&P sony dsc-f828 (56k no)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eight5wot, Jul 20, 2004.

1. eight5wot

eight5wot New Member

Ive owned mine for about 3 months now. Previously, I had the 5.0 Cyber-shot. Im a huge sony fan, and i know its not the best camera out there, but im pleased so far. Anyway, here are some random pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GroundControl

GroundControl Rock your face like a hurricane!

mmmm, sony goodness

3. eight5wot

eight5wot New Member

you can tell by my pictures? im almost positive i had the iso set to auto. i know all of those were shot in shutter mode, if that matters. why do you not want to shoot above 200? just curious.

4. Detective John Kimbl

Detective John Kimbl New Member

unless you want to take a real bright picture outside with A LOT of light then put the f stop at like 5.6 with the shutter at like 1200 or 1600 you should be ok with the noise but you are right it does get pretty nasty with high iso of 400 or so

5. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

nice looking shots

6. eight5wot

eight5wot New Member

thanks, i appreciate it.

Disconsolate and Detective... i see what you both mean by the noise at higher ISO's. guess ill just have to stick to 64, and hopefully ill be alright. thanks for the info.

7. Galactic Gigolo

Galactic Gigolo New Member

While I can't see your shots anymore, I'm currently thinking about getting that camera for my concert photography. I don't have the talent or the money to get a great SLR camera, so I figure that, especially with the badass lens cover, the camera not only looks professional, but will probably result in some great shots.

I'm going to try it out from Ritz for a few days, return it, and then buy it from somewhere cheaper if I like it.

8. eight5wot

eight5wot New Member

sounds good...its on sale here in houston at best buys for $899. like stated above, i love the camera, only complaint is the noise at higher ISOs. best to stay at 64. also, you need a tripod with a big base on it, because the way the camera is designed, small bases, it doesnt sit right and will tilt. i havent bought one yet, so my nighttime shots suffer from me still holding the camera even on the tripod. here are two pics, the second pic was shot at iso100 i think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]