Sony Digi Cam P50 or P5????

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cctyler, Feb 24, 2002.

1. cctyler

cctyler Mornin'

Im hung up between the sony p50 and the p5. The p5 is smaller, aluminum casing, 3.2mp. But it costs a few extra hundred. Compared to the P50 with 2.2mp, same zoom, a bit bigger, but the lithium battery is sold separtley.

Anyone have any past experiences with these cameras? Any opinions? Thanks

2. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

thats a personal decision, because only you know how much that extra few hundred is worth to you..
    ..also, are you only considering Sony? The canon line is really good too. (particularly S30.. you'd get more for the same $600)

i know it would be expensive, but my suggestion would be to buy both under 30 day money back and see which you like more, if you really arent sure. just make sure you buy from a place that you know will take the cameras back (fewer do these days)

3. KingsFanPaul

KingsFanPaul Guest

i just bought the p5 tonight. i would definetly go for that one over the p50. Its the greatest digicam I have ever used.

4. FACTION95Si

FACTION95Si Guest

I had the Sony P1 and now I have the P5. Its worth the extra money to get the P5.

http://members8.clubphoto.com/john526034/guest-1.phtml

allmost all of these pictures I took with the P5. clubphoto doesn't let you view them full size but you can get a feel for the pictures that it takes.

5. terminator1010

terminator1010 Eld

Hey Ty what's up?