Sony DAV-C770 problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by titleist123, Aug 25, 2002.

1. titleist123

titleist123 Guest

Just got the DAV-C770 this week and almost completely satisfied with it. Except two things...

1) just like the DAV-S300, there is a momentary pause in the middle of the disc. My friend says it might be changing layers or something. But it always happens around chapter 14-17... depending on the disc.

2a) This is my biggest annoyance. I think the way the DVD player's software is programmed, it puts on english subtitles as default. When I try to eliminate this, as in set it to "off", there is no such option. This is somewhat tolerable,

2b) except that's not the end of it. When the disc pauses as described in complaint #1, it turns the subtitles back on! Which means I have to go find the remote on to turn it off. This happens on almost all dvds.

Does anyone know how to fix this, does anyone wlse who owns this system see this happening? Not happening?
    Thanks in advance.

Note: I was also a little disatisfied with the sub. It is designed with unnecessary panels for aesthetic purposes. These panels vibrate horendously, and create a buzzing sound. I had to weight it down with a few reams of paper to dampen the vibrations.