songs with deepest bass

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ImDrunkAgain, Mar 4, 2005.

1. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

Hey all, Im trying to make a cd that is full of songs with deep ass bass. My friends want to see my system perform to its fullest. I am running 2 12" Shivas in a custom made slot-ported to 35hz box powered by a Hifonics BX1500D and run by an Eclipse 5444 HU.
    So far, I have:
    Lil John- pretty much any song
    Kilo Ali- Love in Your Mouth

and please no Woofer excursion tests or Drum & Bass songs, strictly actual songs.
    Thanks

2. johnson

johnson New Member

Big Tymers - Still Fly

I remember the part that goes, "boom from the amplifiers".

3. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

get a test cd... or anything like bass mechanics... for normal sounds there is a DMX song from one of his movies that is fairly low...

4. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

haha, I was going to say that song too. That was like one of the first songs I played when I first got my sub that made me fall in love with bass, just because of that last line. "im gonna show you something, homie just press that button, the trunk went eh-eh, and all of a sudden, four 15's, didn't see no wires, and then I heard boom from the amplifiers" hahaha.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  5. veonake

I believe you are thinking of X Gonna Give it to Ya. Party Up In Here by DMX also has a fair amount of bass.

6. johnson

johnson New Member

I had a JL woofer in a shitty premade box running off a punch 45HD amp and i would always turn it up at that part. :)

7. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

Gorrilaz - Clint Eastwood comes to mind.....
    Lil Jon - Get Low
    Ludacris - Blueberry (#5 off Red Light District)
    Nelly - St. Louis, Country Grammar, EI
    Trick Daddy - Nann

i have some more - but those are the ones i can think of right off. That Ludacris song is nice tho.

8. ImDrunkAgain

also

Drag-On-- Fireman from the Exit Wounds soundtrack
    and Ive been listening to some New Edition (Home Again) and its got some songs with some pretty good bass

9. psykosis

psykosis Go placidly amid the noise and the haste

DJ Magic Mike?

"Make the Car Go Boom"

10. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

:ugh: at all the crap mentioned so far. I'd almost bet the farm that almost everything posted so far doesn't go very deep at all, maybe 40-50hz if you're lucky. Try some damn organ music if you want deep bass. The lowest register on a big organ is 16hz.

11. veonake

Aren't we the elitist. Think about it, most of the stuff listed above is synthesized, there is no reason it wouldn't go lower than 40-50Hz. You could stand to be a little bit more constructive.

12. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

If you want the ultimate in low frequency bass, just hook a frequency generator up to your aux input and have at it...all the bass you could ever want! If you get a good one you can program it to do frequency slides from say 5hz up to 30khz and listen for standing waves/resonances in the accoustic environment in your car. If your setup's good, you shouldn't hear much at all...just a flat response all the way through the spectrum. Also, its a handy way to test for and eliminate those annoying rattles.

Ok that's nerdish and probably won't get you laid, but it works..

13. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

Andre Nickatina - Killa Whale
    Juvenile - In My Life
    Twista - Like a 24
    Lil' Jon & The Eastside Boyz - BME Click
    Daz Dillinger - my system
    Xzibit - Get Your Walk On

just some good ones i like.

14. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

for some test tones......try out bass mekanik. Just make sure to be using the subsonic filter on the amplifier

15. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Three Six Mafia - Late Nite Tip

Sound Effects - I Love Big Speakers

DMX - Aint No Sunshine

16. ixlr8

ixlr8 New Member

Andre Nikitina - baking soda in minnesoda

17. psykosis

psykosis Go placidly amid the noise and the haste

I'm married. I don't get laid.

:hsd:

18. mtkversion

mtkversion Good Times Aplenty

Cam'ron - Killa Cam :bowdown:

Mos Def & Massive Attack - I Against I ( Blade 2 OST )

Portishead - Tribute To Monk & Canatella

19. RayOf86

RayOf86 Life After OT Troll

Pony

You could try "Ginuwine - Pony" ;) If you can stand the song it has good bass.

20. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

Elitist? He wanted stuff with low frequencies so I told him organ music. It's not my fault if you're too ignorant to understand how deep organs can go on the lowest register.

Think about it, just because some of it is synthesized doesn't mean hardly any of it goes all that deep. I've sat and watched numerous songs on a spectrum analyzer that people on OT have recommended in threads like these over the past 4 years and virtually none of it went much lower than 40 or 50hz. Sure, there's the occasional song that goes down a little lower for a very short duration, but it's pretty rare. Most of that crap (especially (c)Rap music) is eq'd to hell and has a large bump between 50 - 100hz to give it that thump that too many people think sounds 'good'. :ugh: With an organ you're talking about very low frequencies that can go on for several seconds at a time.

I've never given any of the speakers I've owned a bigger workout than when playing organ or classical music at high volumes. I had one pair of speakers that were rated at -3db at 16 hz (and there's no doubt they'd do it either) and the only thing that came close to an organ recording was a demo cd that had high quality recordings of the Space Shuttle launches that contained info clear down to 5hz. No rock, pop, (c)rap or other music I've listened to has gone down nearly as deep as the 16hz organ pedal, and certainly nothing like the Space Shuttle recordings.

21. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

If anybody wants a cd with killer low frequency stuff then check out the Time Warp cd on the Telarc label or alomst any of the cd's by Dead Can Dance. The best Dead Can Dance cd's are Spleen and Ideal, Within The Realm of a Dying Sun, The Serpent's Egg, Aion, Into The Labyrinth, and Spiritchaser.

22. veonake

Think before you speak, I'm certainly not ignorant that large organs can play into the very low register, after all I have been playing music for 10 years. You played recordings of the space shuttle down to 5Hz? That's interesting, what subwoofer do you own that can go that low? I don't know of any. Most boxes in cars are not tuned for 16Hz or something that low anyways, they are usually tuned for rap and hip hop standard frequencies, so that is why it would be best to show off a system with music utilizing those frequencies.

23. ImDrunkAgain

Ya, I have the Megabass remix of that song. Hits soooo hard

24. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

How about if you think before you speak? And how about some reading comprehension classes too? If you'll pull your head out of your ass you'll see that I said:
    I never said my speakers went down that deep, I said the cd contained information that went that low. I do know for a fact that my speakers were trying to reproduce it because I could see the woofers moving at approx. that rate. I have never owned a suboofer in my home system because I've never needed one. Like I posted above, one pair of speakers I owned was down only 3db at 16hz and down 3db at 35,000hz.

And as far as a car is concerned, it's certainly not dificult to get killer low-end response with a pair of 12's and a sealed enclosure. I know for a fact that the 16hz organ pedals are no problem in my car. 2 12's in a sealed enclosure combined with cabin gain make it pretty much effortless.
    Whose fault is that? It's still not that low and if people want their systems to sound like hammered shit then I guess that's their right. I sure as hell wouldn't build a system like that and I wouldn't be playing (c)rap music anyway. I want something that sounds great, basically an in-car version of my home system, and that's what I've pretty much got. Any idiot can throw together a shit box and make a ton of noise, that ain't music though.

25. veonake

At least you only further confirm the type of personality I predicted of you. I like the the line "I wouldn't be playing (c)rap music anyway". I'm sorry, but if you are going to generalize an entire genre as crap than I can't respect anything you have to say about music. You did imply that your speakers reproduced those sounds with this: "No rock, pop, (c)rap or other music I've listened to has gone down nearly as deep as the 16hz organ pedal, and certainly nothing like the Space Shuttle recordings". I just noticed you used that stupid "(c)rap" joke again. Yea, I'm sure the cones moved, doesn't mean they were producing anything audible. I don't think the average person is even capable of hearing 5Hz, so it is kind of a moot point. I can't believe you would actually tell me to pull my head out of my ass when you are the one who obviously believes he has a superior taste in music ((c)rap?). Wow. Get the fuck out of this thread, the second you posted you brought it downhill.