SRS song lyrics

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by engenuity, Apr 18, 2005.

1. engenuity

engenuity Guest

i doubt many people actually listen to song lyrics but for some reason i always do and sometimes they seem to help me with my problems. if anything they at least let you know that other people go through the same shit. sometimes if i want to let my girlfriend know what's going on in my head i'll just play a song for her because i'm terrible at putting my feelings into words. if it weren't for a few songs i don't know if i would've made it through some of the really hard times.

2. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

I'm the exact same way. There has been quite a few songs that have helped me through some really rough times! Music is definitely an outlet for me.

3. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I always do that. Lately Jack Johnson has single handedly pulled me out of what seemed like depression. Just basically played his stuff over and over till I basically had to use headphones so I didn't drive other people crazy. I've never done that before, I usually have a low attention span for new music I pick up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  4. lauren

lauren Active Member

agreed. but it can work both ways. i was so struck by one song (bottom of everything, brighteyes) i came close to jumping off the top leval of a parking garage. im not typically emo, it just hit so close to home.

5. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

omg im exactly the same! im not very good with putting how i feel or my emotions into words, so im always keeping an ear out for songs that can do that. and sometimes it happens in the most oddest of places. for example, i listen to mainly r&b and hip hop, yet one of the songs that relates to me the most is avril's nobodys home. i really think if it wasnt for music i would have been commited suicide

6. Same here. Sometimes musicians and artists can say what we can't.

7. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

Try to keep away from the songs that bring you down...they can hurt sometimes. I enjoy heavy metal to vent anger/frustration, as that's mostly where my stress comes from.