GUN Son of a bitch.. Sportsmansguide angers me..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sorny, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Everyone knows how it's hard to find Wolf 7.62x39 anymore, especially at Sportsman's Guide right? Well, I found the 20-round boxes listed there for like $2.47/each. I bought 10 of them just to try it out and that was last friday. It was out of stock but supposed to be in stock yesterday. I can wait.... Well, my order status wouldn't show anything else so I call them. Says it didn't come in yesterday so it's been pushed back to May something. Now, why would I believe it'd be coming in May when it didn't come the first time it said? I've heard people say that sometimes it takes 3-6 months to get it, and that was before this whole BS 7.62x39 shortage.

I guess I'll get my ass handed to me by continuing to go to Wal*Mart and paying $16 for a 40 round "Value Pack" of Winchester :(

2. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

Gander mountain near me had about 5k rounds of 7.62x39 for $2.39 a box. they also had the .223 for the same price, but they only had 12 boxes of that left, so that's all i got.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

check some other places online, have you checked cheaperthandirt.com?

4. mrbill

mrbill New Member

go to academy(if there's one near you) and look for Monarch brand ammo. it's made by barnaul(russian) and is like 2.87 for a box of 20. it's all i've shot out of my sks so far and other than being a bit dirty, it's performed/functioned just fine.

5. Sorny

Sorny New Member

I don't have an Academy.. never heard of it. May call around and check some stores. I'll have to try cheaperthandirt... I forget when I'm home and can't look up ammo/guns at work much (filter).

6. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Wow, big surprise... local gun shop has it for $4/box. That's not the deal of the century, but for THIS gun shop (shop that sells guns for like 20% OVER retail) I'm surprised. I was thinking they'd have it for $15/box.

7. mrbill

mrbill New Member

then just check w/whatever sporting goods stores are around you to see if they have Monarch ammo in 7.62x39.

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

When i get my AK I am going down to the Cheaper than dirt store and just picking some up.. or go to MGS store and get some.. ammo by the time you ship it the "deal" isnt much of a deal anymore.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats why I stockpile it, I haven't felt the shortage I have a few thousand rounds of Wolf 7.62 stockpiled, then I have a couple spam cans of ChiCom steelcore thats my emergency reserve :o Once availibity returns and prices drop back down, I'll be ordering a several more wolf spam cans of 7.62 and 5.45

10. Y2kAccord

Yeah I bought some 7.62 X 54R in bulk, its easy to find, but I think in my area there are enough places like Cabelas, cheaper than dirt, military gun supply that I can drive 45min to and save shipping charges.

11. Sorny

Sorny New Member

Yeah, I may just get some of those $4/box stuff for now...

Not enough for "stock piling" but enough for trying out this SKS for a few weekends. Shipping would make $2.50/box not worth it.

12. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Sportsman's Guide sucks most of the time, everything they have is cheap and shitty or good but expensive.

13. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I normally wont buy shit from them, sometimes they have decent ammo prices, added in with coupon codes = really good ammo prices, about all I'll buy from them, I really hate buying anything from them since the fuckers wont shit alot of shit thats perfectly legal here :mad: When they had the AK mag deal I had to have it sent to my uncles out of state and then have him mail them to me.

14. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I've read Wolf is increasing production and Sportsmansguide is filling backorders as each shipment arrives. It's the most orders they've ever recieved before and they're suppose to be Wolf's biggest seller or somethinf like that now.

15. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Really? I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, and always found it decent.

Caveat emptor, of course, Guide Gear is mediocre at best, but their brand name stuff seems to be priced pretty well. Maybe we're looking at different stuff. :dunno:

Ninja edit: I actually have a pair of boots coming from them on THU.

16. 7

Actually you're right, they do have some good deal on clothing every now and again, especially boots. What always pisses me off though is I wear a 13 and they never have my size :mad:

17. Furner

Furner New Member

ammoman has 7.62x39 wolf softpoint for $149 for 1000 rds shipped. thats $2.98 a box to your doorstep. he has fmj wolf for the same price, none in stock at the moment but he expects some in soon.

18. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Sure wish I could find some at Gander. People keep telling me it's there and then they always run out. Meanwhile one of the local gun stores has it for $4.99 a box. I'd almost bet they bought all of Gander's and put it on the shelf. Lame :rolleyes:

19. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

i ordered 4 spam cans of 7.62x39 back in december. What angers me, is that they keep pushing the date back. Just set a date, and i'll expect that. I hate having to reply or confirm that i still want the shipment. but when i'm getting the 640 rnd spam cans at 54 apiece it's hard to be mad.

20. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

good info telc

21. Y2kAccord

Does the increased supply mentioned above mean the prices are going to drop?

22. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

basic economics would say "yes"

23. 7

supply and demand would say no :o

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006